The Party's Over

Anna knocks on the door of Gilmore Manor. She hoped her grandma wasn't too worried about her. She normally came early and got ready there. Emily loved helping her get ready. Today, she hit the road late. She arrived exactly on the dot. "Hello, Susanna. I didn't know you were invited tonight." The maid who lasted three weeks let her in.

"What?" She had more questions when stepping into the house to see a party. "What's going on?" The maid took her coat.

"Your grandparents are throwing a Yale alumni party. This one is geared for the generations of Yale alumni, all their friends and their kids are here." She put it in the full closet.

She looked around at the families. "So all their friends only have sons or...." As far as she could see there were only young men here.

"Oh, you catch on quick." She winks.

Richard approaches her with wide eyes. "Why are you here, Anna?" He whispered.

"I told Grandma that this would be the weekend I'm available to come. She didn't say anything about the alumni party. Are you going to make me leave when I drive so long?" She couldn't believe he wasn't happy to see her.

"I suppose you can stay. Your dress won't outshine Rory. This is her night." He points at her before going back to talk Rory up to his friends.

"I thought this was a good dress." She looked down at a long purple ruffle-trim split asymmetrical dress. It had sheer sleeves and a sheer train.

"You look lovely

"You look lovely." The maid nods.

"Thank you." She stepped into the room, gloomy. That quickly vanished when she saw a familiar face. "Henry. Henry Cho." She rushed over to him.

"Susanna. Susanna Gilmore." He spins her around.

She slapped his chest when he put her down. "Does Harvard know you're at a Yale party?"

"I'm here because my mom wanted me to come. She hopes I'll transfer to Yale after making friends here but all these guys are either boring or sleazeballs." He whispers to her. "We know the biggest sleazeball."

"Who?" She wonders.

"Susanna." She was hugged tightly from behind.

She squealed when she recognized that voice and cologne. "It's my favorite sleazeball." She turned around to hug him.

"What?" Thomas squawked.

"I said you're my favorite." She pats his cheek. "I can't believe my grandma was planning on un-inviting me when she invited my two good friends."

"You weren't supposed to be invited." Thomas wonders.

"No, this is a coming date Rory party." She told them.

"What?" His eyebrows meet his hairline.

"Yeah, pretty obvious when you come in and see a sausage fest." Henry figured it was for her and Rory.