Emily in Wonderland

It was the weekly Friday dinner. Lorelai, Rory, Anna, and Emily are sitting at the dinner table eating. "Grandma, can I have some baby pictures of you and Grandpa?" Rory asked.

"Any particular reason?" Emily looks over at her granddaughter.

"Yeah, we're doing this visual family history project for school." She explains.

"We need at least two. Rory and I don't want our project to look exactly alike. Dad said that he'll do what he can to get his demon parent's pictures. If they show up on photos." Anna glares down at her plate at the thought of her other grandparents.

"Oh. Well, if it's for school I suppose I could dig something up." Emily nods. She couldn't disagree with the second part of her statement but felt like she shouldn't encourage it either so she simply ignored it.

"And I need some of Mom too." Rory glares at Lorelai.

"I thought we already had this conversation." She sips her water.

"Yeah, but I don't believe you." Rory scoffs.

"Mother tell her." She turns to Emily.

"I don't have any baby pictures of your mother." She told them. Anna stares down at her plate. She had a feeling that she saw her mom's baby picture before and she was trying to remember when.

"Thank you." Lorelai raised her glass.

"How could you not have any baby pictures of Mom?" Rory asked.

"Because when your mother was seven, I came downstairs and found her burning all of her baby pictures." She remembered how horrified she was when she saw her standing over a flaming trash can.

"Why would you do that? I'm sure you were a cute baby." She scolds her mother.

"She was. She was very cute." Emily agrees.

"Four, three, two, one." Lorelai counted down.

"In most respects." She sips some white wine.

"We have lift-off," She motions with her hand.

"What does that mean?" Rory wonders.

"Nothing." Lorelai shook her head, not wanting to discuss this.

"I don't see what the problem is. You certainly grew into it." Emily didn't understand Lorelai's hatred for her baby picture.

"Grown into what?" Rory was getting more and more curious about this baby picture.

"As a child, your mother had an unusually large head," Emily told her.

"The best thing about it was that she would tell me constantly. My first complete sentence was big head wants dolly." She mimics a baby's voice.

"I can't imagine it being that bad." Rory thought her mom and grandma had to be exaggerating.

"It wasn't. It just affected her balance a little." She shrugs.

"Okay, can we please talk about something besides my formerly huge head?" Lorelai demands.

"Are these new chairs Grandma?" Rory looks down at her chair.

"Why, yes Rory, they are." Emily smiles.

"They are?" Lorelai looks down at it.

"Wait, there is a baby picture of mom, remember when we got snow in and I made chili. Rory found that photo album in mom's room. She was in a white frilly dress." Anna perks up when she remembers the picture.

"What, one survive?" Lorelai gasp.

"It was in your room." Anna raises an eyebrow. How could she have not known?