Forgiveness and Stuff

Anna was working at Luke's while her mom and sister were at Miss Patty doing a costume fitting for the Christmas pageant. "I'm surprised you're not in the pageant." Caesar flips some burgers.

"Are you kidding? I avoid that pageant like the plague. The costumes only get washed once a year, right after the pageant. They are dusty and itch. Taylor doesn't want to replace anything because most of that stuff has been there since the first pageant. As you can imagine everything is falling apart. Every year baby Jesus's arm pops off and gets lost. The fitting is something that starts in the morning and doesn't end until nightfall." She explained why she always had an excuse on hand since she played an angel for the pageant in the fifth grade.

"What was your excuse this year?" Luke grabs a few orders.

"That I'm allergic to hay, so I can't be one of the wise men." She dropped a battered chicken into the fryer.

"You thought of everything." Caesar nodded in approval. Luke took the orders to their tables.

"Whenever I decide to get pregnant, this pageant will be taken into mind." She dropped some fries into the fryer too. Mary's part always went to a pregnant woman in town.

Lane and Anna were sitting at Luke's waiting for Rory

Lane and Anna were sitting at Luke's waiting for Rory. "I think she forgot about us." Anna looked down at her watch. It has been half an hour since the meet-up time.

"She always gets like this when she and your mom fight." Lane stood up. Anna follows suit as they walk out to look around town for Rory.

"Oh, there she is." Lane points to the gazebo. "Hey, I thought we were meeting at Luke's." They walk over to Rory.

"We were? Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I forgot." Rory apologized.

"I'll forgive you if you give me the rest of your coffee." Anna nods to the cup in her hand.

"Here," She passed it to her sister.

"Let me guess. You and Lorelai haven't made up yet?" Lane points a mitten cover finger at her.

"Nope, things are still Miracle Worker at my house. God, how did everything get so screwed up?" Rory took a seat on the bench in the gazebo. Lane and Anna sat down also.

"I think you staying out all night with Dean had something to do with it." Lane answers for her.

"And my grandmother being there to witness it didn't help." Rory knew it was the reason her mom freak out as much as she did.

"Never does." Anna took a sip of the coffee.

"It sucks. Things were good. School was good, Dean was good. Now my mother and I are barely speaking. Mom and Grandma are barely speaking. Dean's new name is narcolepsy boy." Rory shot her sister a glare.

"How's he taking it?" Lane asks.

"I don't know. I haven't talked to him since it happened." Rory told her.