𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅

——————
chapter four: don't blame yourself
——————
"were you crying?"
——————

aurora was sitting in the passenger seat of allison's car. she had just explained to allison what her mother had did to her and scott the night of the rave, and what derek had to do. she was waiting for allison to say something, or yell something.

"she tried to kill you and scott?" allison asked.

"yeah." aurora mumbled, looking down at her lap.

"why didn't you tell me?"

"i - i wanted to." aurora quickly said. "but i couldn't. i couldn't the last memory of your mother be that. i'm sorry, i know that i should've."

"i'm sorry that she did that to you." allison apologized, going to grab aurora's hand. "i don't know if i should be angry at her or not."

"no, don't be." aurora told her, using her thumb to rub allison's knuckles. "she's still your mother. derek is just a dickhead who lacks emotion."

allison let out a chuckle, looking over at aurora to see that she had this distant look on her face. she's been like this since they found erica in the closet. and when derek brought the blonde beta out, she was quiet until they had left the abandoned bank.

"rora?" allison said, making said girl hum. "you okay? you've been distant since the bank."

aurora looked at allison for a few seconds, deciding if she wanted to lie to the girl. but even if she did lie, the argent girl would be able to tell when she did.

"no. . ." she answered, releasing a sigh. "finding erica kinda fucked me up."

"aurora, that messed everyone up -" allison started, her eyebrows furrowed.

"no, no, no. it's different for me." the hastings girl interrupted. "i - i could've helped them escape. i could've - i could've made sure that they got where they were trying to go okay."

"rora, how could you have helped them escape?" alison asked.

"your dad didn't tell you?" aurora asked.

"tell me what?" allison asked.

"the night that everything happened with gerard and the kanima. . . gerard kidnapped me, erica, and boyd. he tied me to a chair and them to the ceiling by there hands using a bunch of wires and had their mouths taped. he had their voltage up high, trying to find out where derek was, but they didn't tell him." aurora explained, glaring at the dashboard of allison's car.

allison furrowed her eyebrows, not knowing anything about this.

"even though he had me tied up in wires, he didn't even use them. he stabbed me in the thigh instead and left the dagger in so i wouldn't heal. your father came in a few hours later, untied me and took the dagger out. he only lowered their voltage. . . we didn't untie them or anything. and - and something told me to do it. something told me to help them, but chris needed me. it's my fault that they got caught. it's my fault that erica is dead." aurora finished, feeling her eyes start to water.

"aurora." allison said, making the taller girl look at her. "it isn't your fault what happened to them."

"yes - yes it is." aurora said, her voice cracking as the tears started to stream down her cheeks.