𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐈

————𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐢————"like a million dollars

————
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐢
————
"like a million dollars."
————

𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚, 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐚𝐜 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 in chris' office. allison was cleaning the wound on her father's head as the older argent explained to the four teens about his first deal in japan awhile back.

"his eyes were glowing." scott said.

"there was something almost ritualistic about it. like it was looking right into his soul." chris continued.

"that's the same thing it did to me." aurora mumbled.

"that's what it did to everyone." allison corrected.

"not everyone. they only came after the werewolves." scott pointed out.

aurora furrowed her eyebrows slightly, remembering one of the dark ninjas looking at allison. maybe they had just turned around to face everyone.

"and lydia." allison added.

"anyone with a connection to the supernatural." chris said.

"then who's the guy they went after in japan?" isaac questioned.

"a kumicho. a yakuza boss." chris answered. "it was my first gun deal. i was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. except gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. he wanted to see if i could adapt in the moment. testing my ability to improvise."

"or your ability to survive." allison corrected.

"the moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. they had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. like ninjatos." chris continued.

"what did they want?" aurora and scott asked in unison, making isaac look at them weirdly.

"to get to the kumicho. they cut down every living thing in their way." chris said.

aurora absentmindedly brought her fingers behind her ear, feeling the mark that was there. "did they mark him like they did us?" she questioned.

"not exactly."

"what was he?" scott asked.

"i don't know. but there might be someone who does." chris answered just as allison finished patching up his head. "there were a few others who survived that night. one of them was a man named karachi. . . they called him silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. and it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. i've known for a while karachi was in the country. i spent yesterday tracking him down."