𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃

——————
chapter seven: it happened?
——————
"so i finished it."
——————

aurora entered the cafeteria, looking around to see where scott and stiles were. her eyes landed on boyd, seeing that he was sitting at a table by himself. she raised her eyebrows, not knowing that he would be coming back to school. she walked over there before she sat down at the table, making him look up.

"i didn't know you were coming back." she said, leaning forward on the table.

"yeah, it happened unexpectedly." boyd said, looking back down at his lunch.

"hey, um. . ." aurora started, scratching the palm of her hand. "i'm sorry i didn't help you and. . . erica escape that night. i should've stayed behind and help you guys. if i would've stayed, erica wouldn't have died."

"it's not your fault, rori." boys told her, looking back up at her. "it's not any of our fault except for the people who killed her."

"yeah, but i'm the gamma. i was supposed to protect you guys." aurora reasoned.

"rori, just because you're a gamma, doesn't mean that you were ours." boyd said, making her raise her eyebrows. "we weren't apart of your pack. your pack is scott, stiles, allison, and lydia."

"i - i still care about you guys." aurora said.

this made boyd smile, "we care about you too, rori. she cares about you."

aurora smiled softly, but still couldn't shake the guilty feeling that was in her chest. she was going to say something, but stopped, feeling the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. something made her think of allison, which made her heart drop.

"i gotta go, boyd." she quickly said before she shot uo and ran out of the cafeteria.

she quickly ran to mr.harris' room, seeing that it was empty. she then closed her eyes, focusing her hearing on allison.

"isaac, don't." she heard allison say, along with small growls.

she took off running down the hall, ignoring the stares that she was getting from people. she continued to listen, hearing allison scream at the top of her lungs. once she got to the closet that isaac and allison was in, she saw that someone had pushed a vending machine in front of the door.

she quickly pushed it out of the way before she swung the door open and grabbed isaac by his shirt. she threw him out of the closet, making the lahey boy his the wall.

she then ran over to him, pushing him down to the floor. she put her hands on his shoulder as he tried to get up. she saw that his eyes were yellow and his fangs were out, him growling at the hastings girl.

aurora heard footsteps appear next to her, making her look up to see scott. they both looked at each other before they turned back to the beta. their eyes changed to their wolf eyes, but aurora beat scott to it.

"isaac!" she yelled, it coming out as a growl as well.

this made him calm down, shifting back and calming down. aurora stood up, instantly turning to aurora to make sure that she wasn't hurt.