01•

One reckless action, that's all it took.

If only I hadn't asked him to fuck that night

If only I hadn't complained about my life

None of this would've happened

.
.
.
.
.

7 years earlier

"Can I seriously not go? I'd rather stay here, I don't like going out on mornings." Hea rolled over her bed scrolling through her phone, lazy enough to get up and go shopping with her mom.

"Why are you always declining to accompany me? You used to love grocery shopping." Her mother closed her red wallet and put it in her bag, waiting for Hea to get up and leave.

Hea rolled her eyes, unable to explain the real reason, flashbacks started to pop inside her head.

Several months earlier
Hea's POV

"What are you doing after class today?"

"I'm... studying."

"Damn it, Hea, you're always studying. You should actually rest some day."

I hate it when I lie.

Yoona is always trying to cheer me up, even when I pull the classical resting bitch face, which is always. Truth is, Yoona never asked; she just wanted to cheer me up, always, and I appreciated that, but I couldn't tell her the truth.

Long story short, my dad had a quite dark past. He lived in Italy with a foster family during his young years, but he seemed to face consequences; which I've never been told. He retired and later on married mom, a lawyer, and came back to Korea to establish here.

However, although my dad "retired", we live in a ridiculously huge house, just like the ones you see in mafia movies, with a pool, huge living rooms, huge bedrooms, exorbitant bathrooms and giant gardens. And well... my guess is he hasn't really retired of whatever dark business he was in, because how else could you explain such wealth?

My own parents hide things from me all the time, I guess that's why it's easy for me to lie to others too, and keep secrets. So, telling Yoona I had to study every single time so that I didn't have to explain what my parents did for a living for having such a house, was the best option. I've actually never brought anyone home...props of not having friends, except for Yoona of course.

As I walked to the park after school,  my phone started to ring, making me flinch. I brought my bag to my chest and looked for it while walking, untill I finally found it and took it out.

"Hell-"

My words were cut the moment I crashed into someone.

"Ouch..." I rubbed my nose, as I hit it with the phone.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked me, holding my wrist.

"Y-yeah I'm fine, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking."

"No, it's okay, I wasn't looking either." He chuckled. Something about him dragged me intensely, but before I could keep looking at him any further, I remembered the phone call.

"I see we attend the same school, I'm Minh-"

"Sorry, I have to go!" I bowed and walked past him, bringing the phone with the ongoing call back to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hea? What happened?"

"I dropped my phone, What's up?"