29•

Hea's POV

"Are you busy?" I opened slowly Hyunjin's door, he was laying on his bed while on the phone.

"Nope, come in" he smiled. I opened fully the door, closing it behind me. I approached his bed, he moved and made a spot for me to sit down, and I did. "You look worried" he said.

"I need you to listen fully to me, and trust me."

"What's wrong?" He sat properly and paid attention.

"It's about Minho"

"Mhm?"

"Well...I don't know how to say this actually, but-"

"Come on, you're worrying me. Did he do something to you? Did he hurt you?" He frowned serious.

"No, no. Just listen. I didn't take my keys to my apartment"

"You told me you did"

"I thought I did, but no" I lied. "The thing is, we went to his apartment instead to wait for the storm to stop"

"Oh my god" his disgusted expression made want to chuckle, but if I did, I'd just be accepting the fact, so I contained myself.

"No, no! It's not like that!"

"Glad. Cause I'm not sharing you"

"Will you stop? I'm not yours" I hit his chest.

"What? I just want a casual one night hook up, that's it"

"You won't have any of that, it's weird!"

"Yeah keep saying that. But he's not touching you."

If only he knew...

"Hyunjin. We have to be careful around him, and I'm serious" again, his face changed, becoming serious again. "I found..ah it sounds unreal" I scratched my head.

"You found what?"

"I found mom's wallet inside one of his drawers"

The moment that sentence left my mouth, he jumped out of bed, still looking at me, worried as hell, or disturbed I may say.

"What???"

"I reacted the same way, but he "explained" things"

"No Hea, wait a second. You're telling me he had your mom's wallet? Are you aware of how serious this is?"

"I am, and believe me I reacted as you did. But he told me he didn't know, he took it from his boss's office before he left the station when he got fired."

"Dude" he walked all the way back to bed and got closer to me, "where is he??"

"He's taking a shower. I told him to go to the station and find out about that wallet being there."

"I mean how on earth could that item be there after years?"

"Exactly"

"Woah Hea this is something else. I've known him since a very long time, but this changes everything I mean-"

"I know, but I'll give him the benefit of doubt. I gave him three days to investigate everything about his boss."

"And You pretend he's going to the station alone??"

"Chill, I already placed a micro cam on his suit. Every movement he does or anything he says, we hear it."

"How are you so relaxed Hea? This is your parents were talking about!"

"Because! Think about it. If he was up to something, he could have already killed me, but he hasn't. We were alone in his apartment and he didn't do anything."

"He can be pretending to gain your trust."

"Do You not believe him?"

He eyed me, hesitant. I could tell he felt guilty for not trusting his best friend, he was troubled. However, I felt thankful he sided me right away.

"I don't know" he sighed, "it's too much coincidence for me"

"Well..let's see what happens. Maybe this is the hint we needed."

About twenty minutes later, I waited for Minho to come out of his room and make his way to the station. He was still overwhelmed about the wallet thing; if he's acting, he's a pretty good actor then.

"Hey, listen, about what we had earlier.." he tried grabbing my hand, but I moved it away, making him sigh.

"It was just sex, that's all."

"You can't tell me you didn't feel anything"

"I didn't. Now go, don't waste more time, we need that information, you actually need it for your safety, so hurry up."

I lied, once again. I've lost count of how many lies I've told so far. It wasn't true that I didn't feel anything, I actually felt everything, and it sucked how things got like this, but my parents case is more important.

"Well then.. I'm leaving now" he cleared his throat. I made way for him pass, as he got on the car and left. I ran downstairs with Seungmin, Hyunjin was already there.

To be honest, I'm scared.
I'm scared he's really up to something, because I do have something for him.