03•🔞

7 years later
Minho's POV

"What do you mean "fired"?!"

"Listen, kid, you're still young, you'll find another job easily."

"Why are you firing me? Just last week you were praising me for my clean job."

My boss sighed. "We can't afford to pay more salaries, I'm sorry."

"What about Park? Are you firing him too?"

"Ah... look, it's complic-"

"I get it."

"Minho, you are a great one, don't feel less-"

"Oh I don't feel less, I'm actually sorry for this company's loss." I opened the door for my boss to leave. With head low, he did so, and so I started packing my things.

Since I graduated, I was very into criminology. I studied my ass off to be one of the best. My family was always against it, of course, they're all criminals.

Not actual criminals, I just like to call them that. But my father always went the wrong way of doing things, so I left early and lived on my own before he put his dirty hands on my life.

I got this job starting as a detective assistant, I was studying the subject at the same time, but since somehow it goes really easy for me, I started very young, and got higher as years went through. The fact that I was named one of the best here not so long ago, beats the logic behind them firing me.

I never liked my colleagues anyway.

I finished packing the few things I had over my desk, as well as other belongings, and left my office quietly, walking through the corridors who were kind of my home for 7 years.

"Why is this here?" I heard my boss whisper to the sub chief. Making me stop and listen; anyway I was already fired, so barging into other's conversations wouldn't get me into trouble.

"Is been here for several years, this is where he left it." The other said.

"Dispose it. We don't need this here, that case is still open, the last thing we need is being more dragged in."

Why wouldn't he want to be involved in a case...? After all that's what we do.

"These people where whipped off long ago, there's nothing to worry about."

"Not true, their daughter's still missing."

"She committed suicide."

"We're not sure about that. And the Hwangs, I'm sure they're up to something."

"I think you're paranoid" the sub chief said as they started walking towards the door. I managed to hide inside other office, while they got out. 

When I was sure they were gone, I came back out, and got into their office. On top of the desk was a red wallet, opened.

"Ryu Areum"  read the ID. 

"Since you actually want to get rid of it, I'll make it easier." I whispered as I took the wallet and put it inside my box. They were very suspicious about it, and I felt curious as fuck.

I silently left the building, no farewells, no hugs, no nothing. I actually didn't get along with anybody.

Back to my place, I unpacked my things, putting everything back to its place. I inspected the wallet, now more carefully. It had blood stains inside, most of the papers were torn or dirty enough to be unreadable. 

I took out my laptop and looked for that name, hoping to find anything. It actually surprised me, the fact that our company took in the case but I never knew about it. I guess it was shortly before I even got in.