05•

Flashback -

"Ok... I need you to PLEASE explain properly everything." Hea placed her hands over the table. Her father's body had been taken care of, and her mother was being treated at the hospital, her condition unclear, but Hea wasn't allowed to go see her.

"It's better if you sit down and listen, young lady." Her father's right hand, Byungho, suggested.

"I'll sit down. But first, you." Hea turned now to Hyunjin.

"How much of this are you aware of?"

"Just a couple of months ago. Believe me, I couldn't believe it either, and I'm still kind of disgusted about it."

"So what, you're part of the mafia now?"

"Kinda"

"What do you mean "kinda"?"

"I'm an apprentice, for when my dad isn't around."

"You weren't planning to tell me?"

"I couldn't. I really wanted to but I had to wait untill your family told you." Hyunjin shrugged.

"You seem way more experienced than just a couple of months."

"That's because I was born genius."

"Oh plea-"

"Enough, kids." Byungho stood up, waving Hea to sit.

"Hea, your father was raised by an Italian family."

"I do know that."

"Since very young, he trained to be a leader, and he eventually did, at 25."

"They told me he retired to marry mom"

"his entire family from Italy was whipped off, he was the only survivor, because he came to Korea for business. The Jangs never knew about him."

"I thought he was the leader?"

"He was, but they kept it a secret, which saved his life, untill today, it seems." He played with his gun over the table. "He decided to stay here in Korea, since the Jangs where looking all over Italy for survivors."

"So it wasn't really for mom's sake..."

"He met your mother here, that's true. When he came here, he was actually arranging papers to take her back to Italy, but tragedy happened, so in order to protect her, he stayed here, changing his last name to Ryu and pretending to be something else. Your mother later became pregnant of you."

"How did he find out about his family being killed?"

"He was talking to his brother over the phone when it happened. The rest came on the news."

"But why did they kill everybody?"

"That is something we don't know. You know how mafia works...they drag centuries of troubles between families."

Hea sighed, "Why did he get into this..."

"He managed to rebuild the group along with other families. He was very active, but very cautiously. The Hwangs are partners, along with other families.

"So the Jangs eventually found out about him?" Hyunjin questioned Byungho.

"It seems so, but we don't know how, we must find out."

"When can I see mom?"

"It's not a good idea right now, they're probably looking for you. That's why we have to delete your identity of everywhere possible."