14•

Hea's POV

It's been days since Yeji's incident. We kept away from the police and made up some story so they wouldn't follow up the case.

Nothing happened with the Jangs the following days. I made sure my men would follow my instructions carefully about the house during the night, with lights off and no movements at all, but still nothing happened; it's like they're testing us I believe, and although they shouldn't have any idea of me or my house, I can't rely on it.

Minho's still here. We've been meeting during nights to fuck around -literally-. It has indeed been stress-relieving, our "encounters", and luckily as far as now, we feel nothing but lust towards each other.

"So, here's your payment for these past two weeks." I handed him an envelope with money.

"Wow hey, I've worked but not that much, this is too much-"

"Hey, it's fine. Take it as an extra for the extra job you've been doing" I smirked at him, making him do the same. "Honestly, I didn't think you'd be so good at cleaning, for real." I chuckled, "and I admire the fact that you clean so well despite the huge house."

"I'm telling you, I love clean spaces, so I have no problem, as long as I'm actually helping you."

"You are, you are" I patted his shoulder. "Anyway, I do want you to go home and have proper rest."

"But I rested enough some days here-"

"No no, don't get me wrong. I know you rested and I don't have any problems with you staying here, but you should have some days off of here." I chuckled. He blinked several times, confused, and then shrugged his shoulders.

"I could go back and check everything's fine with my apartment, actually."

"You're lucky you don't have pets." I joked.

"Yet" he joked back.

"So, I'll tell Dowon to take you. Again, thank you for your hard work. See you in a few days I guess?"

"Yeah, see ya, thanks."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"He does a great job doesn't he?" Hyunjin looked through the window as the car got further.

"Unexpectedly good, actually. I just still don't believe he's okay with woking like this. You said he's a detective?"

"Yup. He's exceptional, I don't get why he got fired."

"Maybe he did something wrong?"

"I don't think so. He's always been very responsible."

"Well, they sure lost someone good I guess." I also looked through the window. "You know... the other day he told me we met in the past"

"I know, I heard. You did well pretending, it's better for your personal info to remain unknown."

"Yeah..." I sighed, "but I remembered, and it was him."

"Really? What a small world. What happened?"

"It was...the day you and I met."

"The day me and mom got attacked?"

"Yeah, I bumped into him while talking to my mom on the pho-" I stopped talking because of a assumption, which I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

"What?" Hyunjin frowned at me. I looked at him with square eyes.

"The shooter"

"What about him?"