46•

"You've got to be kidding me" Hyunjin frowned, as he realized the story had repeated before. I didn't know what to say, I just wanted to know the whole story.

"Nonna, What happened? How did they know?" I asked.

"Mujin had moved to Korea with Areum, and you, Tesoro, were already born.

Even though he chose not to be as exposed as his brothers regarding their family, he still took part in some business over there, and unwittingly, he became powerful in Korea.

When you were only four, Mujin and Areum had planned to come visit, so your uncles and I could meet our little princess; but plans changed as he received the news about his family.

Your uncle, after many attempts and inner researches, discovered the culprits behind Franco and Vera's murder. He immediately called Mujin and told him to come alone.

Mujin, of course, felt horribly troubled. Any other normal being would immediately go after the culprits and every one around them, in this world especially, but Mujin was always a kind soul, and he went straight to Jihoon, to talk, knowing he could get killed."

"And did Jihoon know? About his family?"

"He didnt. The night Mujin arrived here, he went to Jihoon and talked"

flashback

"Cazzo Jihoon!"

"I can't let your brothers kill my parents, I'm sorry"

"You realize your parents killed mine?! They opened their arms to your family, and this is what they get? Blood?!"

"I'm sorry Mujin!! I wish I could have stopped them!"

"You know how this works, Jihoon, an eye for an eye."

"Are you listening to yourself?! You're willing to kill my parent-"

"THEY GOT THEMSELVES INTO THIS BY THEIR OWN!"

"If you want to kill them, you'll have to kill me."

"... don't, Jihoon"

"I stand by my family"

"I'M also your family!"

"You're still gonna have to kill me first, Mujin."

"....."

"I could NEVER put a knife over your throat, no matter what."

"Mujin-"

"But my brothers will, and I can't do anything about it."

"You Can stop them-"

"I won't Jihoon. This is how it works, and your parents should have known better."

"I have to protect them, brother, I'm sorry"

"No Jihoon, I'm the one who's sorry, for not being able to make you pay. I'll leave, but don't ever, ever, let me see your face again."

..........

"Mujin left Jihoon's house, not caring about what his brothers were going to do. He knew there wasn't much left to do, and Jihoon knew too.

As expected, Jihoon's parents were killed by Mujin's brothers, but as a request from Mujin, they left Jihoon to live.

I guess Mujin didn't think it well back then, as it was obvious Jihoon would strike back, and it's never-ending.

Not even 24 hours later, Jihoon, who had been all those years before preparing and training for a day like that, sent his best men to get rid of Mujin's entire family, and that included you and your mom."