Chapter Thirty One, pt 2

Erissa pats my shoulder, indicating that it's over. When I uncover my ears, I check on Archie first before glancing around the room. Miss Serafina is on the floor looking dazed with an even messier hair while the peach-feathered bird stares at Erissa as though waiting to be spoken to, however, Erissa herself act as though she hasn't done anything in the first place. Moving on, guild master has his hand holding the hilt of his sword, staring at Erissa with alerted eyes. Realising there's no danger, guild master removes his hand from the sword's hilt and relax his posture.

The prolonged silence is getting awkward so I carefully speak up first.

"It's nice to see you in good health, guild master."

Guild master moves his gaze away from Erissa and look at me.

"Do you have something to discuss with me?" I enquire when I notice the letter is now in his hand.

Guild master sits across from where I'm sitting and clears his throat.

"I heard someone came into the guild to register as a tamer," he pauses before continuing. "With an unbelievable letter. I heard you're an apprentice."

I let out an awkward laugh and respond. "Yeah, it's unexpected right? I never thought things could turn up like this too."

Even after Archie joins as our youngest, I never once thought of pursuing the path of a tamer. In my previous world too, I love animals but to take on the field of veterinary or zoology, or any other similar fields have never once crossed my mind. Mint mistakenly thought I was a tamer when we first met because of Bane, in fact, Amber shared the same thought which is why she continuously asked if I had any interest in being a keeper at the sanctuary.

"How long are you going to sit on the floor, Serafina?"

Miss Serafina jolts out of her daze at the guild master's calling.

"I apologise if the noisy pair has been very rude towards you before I came in," guild master apologise for the earlier commotion. "As you can see, she easily gets excited over anything about monsters and magical beasts but I can guarantee as the guild master that she's an excellent tamer."

"It's alright. No harm's done. Peachy, was it? She already scolded her tamer," I respond.

Yup, the peach-feathered bird was actually scolding Miss Serafina. I can somewhat tell from the shrieking. The peach-feathered bird hums in a happy note as though agreeing with my words.

"A songbird," I mutter with fascination. "And she understands human speech."

Erissa nudges my arm when my focus is diverted towards Peachy, the peach-feathered songbird. I catch guild master staring at me.

Miss Serafina brighten up and excitedly expresses, "Amazing! You can tell and differentiate Peachy's intention from her intonation. Not many tamers that sharp. You pass."