Chapter Fourteen, pt 2

Knock. Knock.

"Come in." A voice answers from the other side of the door.

When I walk into the room, Lord Sol isn't alone. Chief is here as well as the man from the gate and an elf I've never seen before.

"Take a seat, Iris."

Lord Sol point to the empty seat beside Chief. Facing me is the other two guests. I feel their gazes on me from the moment I walk into the room.

"I believe introductions are in order." Says Lord Sol.

The elf who is sitting closest to Lord Sol goes first.

"My name is Luda." He says while gracefully doing the elvish greeting. "I have heard much about you from Lord Kinai."

"I'm Roy. Mercenary." The human man simply says his introduction.

"I'm Iris. A pleasure to meet both of you."

On closer look, the human Roy and the elf Luda bear a striking resemblance. Roy has dirty blonde hair paired with red eyes. When he describes himself as a mercenary, in my head I imagined a rugged-looking man with more muscles. Sitting on his right is Luda with a distinctive green hair instead of the trademark blonde hair of the elves. That means he's a rare case amongst the elves. I immediately share a sense of comradeship with Luda. Lord Sol notices that I keep staring at Luda this whole time.

"Luda is my successor as a sage. He is also Chief's disciple. If you are curious, you can question him afterwards."

Since he's Chief's disciple; he either has a fire or earth magic attributes. It's one of the two options. My guess is earth because of his green hair. Meanwhile, Luda shows me a pleasant smile.

Lord Sol continues saying, "On the other hand, Roy was trained by Lorelai, like you."

They are my seniors. I wonder if they won't mind me asking some questions about magic. They could provide different perspectives from the ones I already heard from the three sages. As I'm thinking that, a shimmering green light gleam and Auntie El incorporeal body materialises beside the head of the table where Lord Sol is sitting. Luda and Roy promptly stand on their feet and respectfully bow to Auntie El.

"It is an honour to be graced by your appearance, Elder Spirit." Luda deeply bows towards Auntie El.

"It's wonderful to see you are both growing well." Auntie El softly says in response.

Luda smiles bashfully while Roy shows a mature demeanour. After the short exchange of greetings, Auntie El walks over to my side.

"The dress suits you, Iris." Auntie El compliments my attire.

I beam a smile at her. "Thank you, Auntie El."