Chapter Twenty Six, pt 2

Soon after, Kinai leaves the office with the approved documents and those that need to be revised. The sound of a pen writing on paper with the occasional turning of pages echoes in the office until a knock on the door disrupts the flow of the undisturbed ambience. A staff from the dining hall enter with a tray of food. The smell of food stirs Lord Sol's forgotten hunger which in turn reminds him of the time.

"Pardon the intrusion, my lord. Today's lunch menu is chopped vegetables and minced meat wrapped in garlic flatbread and iced tea. Please enjoy your meal."

"Thank you. You may leave."

Lord Sol dismiss the staff after delivering the food to his desk. When he's alone again, the head elf pushes aside his work and drinks the iced tea first and move on to the warm food that's enticing his hunger. Right after he finishes his meal, the head elf stands by the window and look ahead.

He speaks while gazing at the general direction towards the sanctuary, "Roy creates trouble; Iris attracts trouble. When you leave those two together, will Luna be able to handle it all on her own?"

After a momentary pause, the head elf begins to worry.

"Should I have asked Lorelai or Stefan to accompany them?"

Not long after that, Lord Sol receives a response to his worry which he later laments that he utter such thoughts aloud. The delicate yet bulky spherical ornament sitting on his desk vibrates loudly, signalling an incoming call. Only his fellow sages can contact him with this magi communication device for confidentiality reason, or in case of an emergency.

"You're not busy, right?"

Roy implies without so much a greeting after Lord Sol connects the call.

Lord Sol suppresses a sigh before talking. "What is it? You rarely make the first call unless it is urgent. Did something happen at the rehabilitation centre, or to Iris?"

"Luna can tell you about the specifics later. It's Iris. The Lion Pride summoned her."

Lord Sol knit his brows after hearing Roy delivers the most unexpected news.

"I suspect you're telling me this because she met them by now."

"She met them already," Roy confirms his suspicion then drops another shocking news. "And, I convinced the kid to carry out an extraction."

Lord Sol drops the quilt pen. The head elf knows very well what Roy means by those words.

"You found a remedy to the dilemma that Luna nor Maya could not solve? An outcome that does not include the Pride losing their king a second time? Need I remind you, Roy, that the case with the Lion Pride is complex?"

"I know. I was there when the tragedy happened."