Chapter Eleven

Leisurely walking on the empty street is not possible even with the barrier. We carefully navigate our way around the lump of hail dropping down. The ground must be enchanted to withstand the impact as well seeing that there are no burn marks or holes. After the hail hits, the flames extinguish by themselves. It's still smoking though. I retrieve a glove from my storage and pick one up. The coal is a glossy matte black. Lord Sol likes collecting this sort of thing. I can give this to him as a souvenir to add to his collection if he doesn't like it then more for me. As we walk, I collect several more in different sizes. Some fit on my palm and there are one as small as a pebble. As Chief and Maya's apprentice, I learn to make use of every ingredient and material, or else it'll be a waste. When we reach the blacksmith shop, Syl is standing at the entrance with her arms crossed.

"Explain yourself."

I take responsibility and summarise the situation.

"You should have told us before you ran out." Erissa scolds us.

"I cast a barrier. See." I wave the wand to make a point.

Chief interjects. "No one has cast a barrier as small as yours and one that can move with its caster."

"Technically, its mana shaped like an umbrella." I correct him.

I coined the term, "Mana umbrella."

Erissa tells us to continue the discussion inside the shop because we're garnering attention from the dwarves while the adventurers are showing mixed emotions. Mint and I move inside the shop after I put away the wand.

"It's certainly not a barrier we're familiar with. Where did you find the horses? If the stable were to crumble, then we will need to revise on the entirety of the town's structure." Chief says with concern.

"It looked like one of the carriages was parked in a hurry and hit the pole by mistake. I temporarily fixed it, but someone might have to look at it properly."

Chief mentally make notes of the location to deal with it once the hail stops. The frequency of the hail does seem to slow down and lessen as time passes by. I guess we'll be able to leave by the end of the day.

"Fiery coal is nothing but a simple passing."

Chief tells me after noticing that I keep looking out the window. Dwarves cheer to that.

"What's more, coal from the fiery hail makes fine material in forging weapons."

I see. It's another part of the town's attraction. Instead of weapons, it would look nice as an accessory too.

"Mana umbrella is impossible, for now, but an actual fire-resistant umbrella could work." I murmur to myself.

Someone raises their hand. "What's an umbrella?"