[ 15 ]

February 2012New York City

February 2012
New York City

Noelle's eyes fluttered open; she could hear the sound of the city around her but she couldn't remember what had happened. One minute she was in an aircraft, flying the entire thing into the sea and thinking that she was about to die and now she was waking up. She had no idea where she was, but she knew that she was on a bed because she could feel the springs underneath her back. She was wearing a plain white shirt, something that the boys would have worn when they were spending a day at home and she had loose pants on; something that she hardly ever wore. The only time she ever wore pants was when she was on missions and they weren't ever in this material. Slowly, she sat up in the bed and looked around the room. It was a small square room, with very little furniture inside but there was a window next to the bed and outside seemed a lot like Brooklyn. Something about this whole thing seemed fishy, the fact that none of her friends were at her bedside when she woke up screamed fishy and she didn't like it when she felt like this.

Suddenly the door to the room opened and revealed a woman wearing a nurse's outfit, only it wasn't exactly what Noelle had worn when she was a nurse. There were slight changes and that made her wonder even further what was going on. She had a kind smile but there were secrets behind the smile and that was never a good thing. Immediately her mind turned to the possibility that she had been captured by Hydra and this was part of their imprisonment, to make you feel as though you were free and then would remind you that you were just another prisoner. Nothing about this room felt homely and was making her more anxious about where she was and what she was doing there. Hopefully, Agent carter would be looking for her and would send the best agents to bring her home, because she didn't want to spend any longer in this cell.

"Agent Dean, I'm glad you're awake."

She didn't reply, she just watched the nurse as she stepped further into the room. Little did this nurse know that Noelle was reaching to the side of the bed and was unscrewing one of the bolts from the bed, ready to use as a weapon if anyone got too close to her. The nurse didn't seem bothered that she had been ignored, maybe she had been trained for this kind of thing and was happy to be ignored. Either way, Noelle felt as though she was being watched and the entire room was feeling more like a cell the longer that she spent time inside it. All she wanted was to find Steve or find Peggy and get the hell away from this building before she could get more freaked out by it.

"Are you hungry? You haven't eaten in a while; we could get you some breakfast? Or if you're not hungry then maybe just a drink, I heard that you like orange juice. Is that right?"

Again, Noelle didn't say anything, she just watched as the nurse came further into the room and headed to the dresser where she began opening and closing drawers; obviously looking for something. Then Noelle's mind raced to her clothes, she wasn't wearing this when she went into the water, someone had taken her clothes and changed her. Her hand flew to her neck and immediately she saw red, taking the weapon that she had scrounged for herself and jumping off the bed. The nurse had no time to react because it only took her a few seconds to put the woman into a choke hold, holding the screw to her neck and keeping her head completely still. The woman squealed at the impact, but Noelle covered her mouth with her hand and refused to let her grip loosen because this whole situation was weird and now things had just gotten a lot worse. The one thing that she had sworn to never take off, had been taken from her and she wanted to know exactly where they were so that she could get them back.