[ 59 ]

Baltimore, Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland

Bucky hadn't exactly explained where they were going, he just told Sam that there was someone that he needed to meet and that was it. This was a big moment for Bucky because he had never shared this part of his life with anyone, not even Noelle knew about this secret because it was something that he had sworn to never talk about. but given the situation that they were currently in, they needed answers and if they were looking into the serum then maybe this person could help them. It was a long shot but it was the only lead that they had. They were walking down the street together; the town was quite quiet and there weren't many people around; a few kids playing on the street but that was it. Most of the houses seemed well kept and the neighbourhood seemed nice but there was one house that looked abandoned. There was a metal fence around it and the windows were boarded up. Just as they turned onto the street with the abandoned house, some kids recognised the Avengers coming towards them.

"Hey, it's Black Falcon, what's up?"

"It's just Falcon, kid." Sam corrected him, not wanting to push barriers on the race division but also wanting to make sure that he didn't need to be discriminated within the superhero realm.

"No, no, my daddy told me it's Black Falcon."

"Is it because I'm black and I'm the Falcon?"

The kid looked a little confused and stuttered. "Well, technically, I mean, yes."

"So, are you like, Black Kid?" There was silence as the kid thought about it and his friend laughed along with Sam. "I got him, right?" Sam kept laughing until they walked up to the front door of the abandoned house, there was a no trespassing sign but Bucky didn't seem to care and knocked the door loudly.

When it opened, it revealed a teenage boy who stared at the two men on the porch and Bucky spoke to him. "We're here to see Isaiah."

"Nobody named Isaiah lives here."

"Look, we just want to talk to him."

"You must not have heard what I just said." The kid snapped, not wanting to play any games with the strangers and just wanted them to leave the house. They weren't used to visitors and when they did have someone around, it wasn't usually pleasant, which was why he wanted them to leave. "You aren't getting in this house. You can leave now."

"Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's going to know what that means."

"Alright, wait here." He sighed, closing the door and going to talk to Isaiah about whoever was on the porch. Sam seemed to find the whole thing quite funny as it was obvious, Bucky didn't know how to deal with kids and was just as blunt with him as he would be to a criminal. "Nice kid. How do you know this guy?"

"I used to. We had a skirmish during the Korean War."

"Today's your lucky day." The kid returned and opened both sets of doors which led into the house, taking away the locks and letting them come inside. "He said he wanted to see for himself.