[ 34 ]

In the battle against Ultron which had taken the Avengers a lot more effort than they had imagined, they managed to get the cradle into their possession but returned without one of their members

In the battle against Ultron which had taken the Avengers a lot more effort than they had imagined, they managed to get the cradle into their possession but returned without one of their members. Successfully loading the cradle onto the jet, Natasha was captured by Ultron and as worried as they were about her location, there were more pressing things to worry about. Now that they had the cradle, they needed to work out what to do with it and there were differing opinions on the matter. Tony and Bruce wanted to bring the cradle to life, figuring out what the technology inside had created but others didn't feel it was a good idea, especially not after the two scientists had created Ultron; a killer robot that was trying to take over the world. Clint was the only Avenger not interested in the cradle, he was more worried about finding Natasha and worked on radio signals that would point out her location whilst the others argued about what to do next.

"This framework is not compatible." The two scientists were trying to work out the best way to upload software from Jarvis, into this particular creation which would grant them an advantage over Ultron, as long as this robot wasn't programmed to destroy everyone around it. "The genetic coding tower is at 97% You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes."

This was the exact time that Steve walked into the lab with Noelle and the twins, deciding that there was no chance they wanted this cradle to come to life. They had no idea what power this being would possess and shouldn't take that risk, especially not with Ultron running around. They had had their doubts about these experiments before but now that the twins had showed up, worried about the power of the cradle, they understood that whatever was inside was extremely dangerous and they didn't want to take any risks. "I'm going to say this once."

"How about never?" Tony stopped Steve before he could say anything else.

"Shut it down." Noelle said sternly, ordering them to not take any more chances with their killer experiments which were causing more problems than they were solving.

"Nope, not going to happen."

She sighed, hating that Tony wasn't listening because his ego was too inflated to realise that what he was doing was wrong; that it could cause trouble for everyone and wasn't worth it. "You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do?" Bruce questioned, his hand gesturing to where Wanda was stood next to her, he didn't trust the girl and believed that she was up to something. "She's not in your head?"

"I know you're angry-"

Wanda stepped forward to try and approach him but Bruce was not in the mood for apologies, he was more than angry with her for making him delusional and destroy everything in his sight back in South Africa. "Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"It's nothing compared to what's coming." Tony snapped, once again interrupting Steve because he believed that he knew better and didn't want to hear what his teammate had to say. He believed that Steve wasn't preparing for the battle and that whatever was in this cradle, could help them, he didn't consider his creation to be anything bad.