[ 35 ]

May 6th 2015Sokovia, Eastern Europe

May 6th 2015
Sokovia, Eastern Europe

Arriving at Sokovia, the Avengers knew that they didn't have much time before Ultron arrived with his backup army and were spending as much time as possible to evacuate civilians from the city because they knew that this place wasn't going to be safe in a matter of minutes; so, they wanted as many people safe as possible. Ultron was powerful and probably had a bunch of tricks up his sleeve, they needed the people away from the middle of the fight otherwise they would have to worry about casualties during the battle. The best option was to evacuate as many people as possible so that when the fight happened, they only had to worry about themselves and protecting each other; instead of civilians who couldn't defend themselves. Noelle and Steve were on the bridge, trying to get the people out of the city as quickly as possible but the cars started queuing when robots appeared out of the water underneath the bridge. The robots appearing seemed to scare the civilians, who had been very close to escaping the city before the attack, and instead of running away from Sokovia, they ran straight back to the place which they had been leaving.

"Get off the bridge!" Noelle shouts to the people, hoping that they would listen to her as she watched Steve fighting as many as possible. Just when it looked like her best friend was going to be overpowered by the army of robots from the bridge, Wanda put up a forcefield with her powers and allows Noelle to rush forward, pulling Steve away from the bridge and keeping the robots behind the forcefield so that they weren't harming anyone. When they were in a safer position, Wanda realised that she couldn't hold the forcefield for long and it looked as though the bridge was crumbling. "Run!" She instructed as the city seems to be lifted into the sky, causing people who were near the edge to start falling. The worst part about the attack was that the Avengers didn't know how to save these people, they either helped them off the flying city which could kill them with fallen debris or they could keep them on board and watch them get killed by an army of murdering robots.

"Do you see the beauty of it?" Ultron spoke, watching each of the Avengers as they fought against his army and tried to protect civilians who were hiding from the blasts. "The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword, and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me, it means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Noelle kept trying to lead people through the streets of Sokovia, hoping to find a quiet spot which she could lead them to and keep them safe but every corner they turned, seemed to bring more issues and more murdering robots. She used as many bullets as possible to knock them down but had to turn to more violent methods, taking her swords from her back and slicing through metal that was in her path. As she tried desperately to clear a path for the civilians, she was sure that nothing was going to work and more robots were appearing; then she felt a breeze move past her face, causing her hair to swish in the wind. A smile formed on her face when she saw the hint of blonde hair and watched a path being cleared in front of her, so that the civilians could get to a safe spot. Pietro stopped running for a second, nodding towards her and she nodded back; both of them happy with the gesture before moving onto the next stage of the fight.