[ 28 ]

TriskelionWashington DC

Triskelion
Washington DC

Launching the Heli-carriers was taking place in just a few hours and the team assembled to take down Hydra before millions of people died for no reason. Steve had managed to get hold of his old uniform from the museum and was more than happy to feel like himself again as he warmed up as Captain America. Fury had plenty of spare agent suits for Noelle to choose from, she wasn't as difficult to prep as Steve because she always carried her belt of guns and her choice of weapons were basically anything that they had lying around. As she prepared herself for the walk through the forest she held onto her dog-tags which hung around her neck. She had worn them for so long that sometimes she forgot they were there but since seeing Bucky back from the dead, she wanted to hold them as close to her as possible. They stealthily went through the forest, getting close to the base without being caught and knowing exactly what they were going to do once they arrived. The plan had been so closely followed that they couldn't do anything wrong otherwise things would get messy fast.

The team hijacked the headsets and speakers of the workers inside the main base which would get the workers to find out what was going on. Just like they planned one of the workers came over to the coded door and opened it, being met with the team who held their guns towards him. Steve was the only one without a gun and smiled at the slightly terrified man who had opened the door for them, not having a clue what was going on. Keeping a smile on his face, Steve charmed the man and tried to calm him down. "Excuse us." The worker surrendered immediately and let them through to the main control room, allowing the other members of the team inside the room so that they weren't left in the stairwell.

Steve went over to the microphone and spoke into it so that all of the agents could hear him throughout the building. "Attention all Shield agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time to know the truth." He paused as agents throughout the building stopped what they were doing and listened to what he was telling them. "Shield is not what we thought it was; it's been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The Strike and Insight crew are Hydra as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you." Everyone in the building looked to the person on their sides, wondering what the truth was and who they could trust.

"They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury, and it won't end there. If you launch those Heli-carriers today Hydra will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way – unless we stop them." Steve prayed in his head that people would listen to him and would take a chance to believe him. "And I know I'm asking a lot. The price of freedom is high, it always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

Sam and Noelle were stood behind him, proud of their friend for what he had said when he stepped away from the microphone and they looked around the room as people stopped what they were doing; deciding that they were standing with Captain America, rather than fighting against him. Deciding to tease his friend a little, Sam smirked. "Did you write that down first or was it off the top of your head?"