[ 42 ]

The jet flew over the snowy mountains as Noelle kept her focus on the sky ahead of them because the last thing that she needed was to meet another jet or to get attacked from below as they were heading into unchartered territory

The jet flew over the snowy mountains as Noelle kept her focus on the sky ahead of them because the last thing that she needed was to meet another jet or to get attacked from below as they were heading into unchartered territory. The doctor that had manipulated Bucky was already here and they had no idea what he was capable of, they knew that he knew about the super-soldiers and were worried that he had brought them all back to life which would serve as a large problem to them. It had been hard enough to take down the Winter Soldier when he was in assassin mode but thinking about an entire group of deadly assassins with enhanced abilities made their skin crawl because they knew that their chances of beating them were slim. As they approached the facility, Noelle flew the jet closer to the ground so that they would blend in better with their surroundings and would hopefully earn them some extra time to come up with a plan before they rushed inside all guns blazing. Bucky and Steve were stood at the back of the jet, watching the terrain below and wondering what was going to happen when they entered the facility.

"What's going to happen to your friends?" Bucky wondered, thinking about the members of the team that they had left behind at the airport; they had broken the law and would be arrested for their crimes and he felt awful that it was his fault.

Steve tried to reassure him that everything was going to be fine but the truth was, he was worried about his friends that were back at the airport and wondered what Tony would allow the government to do to his own friends. He wondered how far the punishment could be taken before the Avengers snapped in half and would never work together again. "Whatever it is, I'll deal with it."

"We'll deal with it." Noelle corrected him from the pilot seat, knowing that he wanted to take responsibility for everything but he wasn't alone anymore and she needed to keep reminding him that he had people to rely on. He could rely on her to always be at his side and help him no matter what was happening. "You're stuck with me Rogers; you should know that by now."

"I don't know if I'm worth all this."

"What you did all those years, it wasn't you." Steve placed a hand on his shoulder, hoping that he would understand that they were routing for him and that they trusted him to be himself rather than the Winter Soldier. "You didn't have a choice."

Bucky shook his head, looking outside and letting the breeze blow over his face as he took a deep breath and thought about his actions. "I know. But I did it."

The jet was landed just outside the Siberian base, next to a truck which seemed newer than the other equipment hanging around which meant that the doctor had been given a head start and was already here. As quickly as they could, the three of them began suiting up; ensuring that they had all of their weapons at hand and that everything was on task to help them in this battle. Steve had his shield and his helmet was still covering his head, Bucky and Noelle had their guns and ensured that they had more than enough bullets for whatever was coming, plus whatever weapons Noelle had stashed away which would come in handy.