[ 27 ]

Ideal Federal Savings BankWashington DC

Washington DC

Meanwhile, behind enemy lines Alexander Pierce arrived at his own underground base to find out exactly what had happened on their mission. The plan had been to take down whoever was opposing a threat to Hydra and to get rid of anyone who gave away information to the enemy. He knew that the Winter Soldier had managed to dispose of the dead weight that had been dragging their association down but had failed to put an end to the meddling Avengers, who threatened to announce their secret organisation to the entire world. It was a massive headache for Pierce, who had wanted things to go to plan without any major issues; he had gotten rid of Fury and was sure that the missile would take down the Avengers and yet they were back for more. He sent his best soldier after them, managing to capture them and yet they still got away.

Inside, one of the scientists was fixing the metal arm which had been weakened by the force of the shield but Bucky wasn't paying attention to those around him. His focus remained on the confusion when he saw the two people on the street. He didn't understand what he was confused about, he had fought the man before and hadn't thought anything of it; but when he heard the name, something awoke inside him. Something that hadn't been there for a long time. Then he saw her, he saw her without the mask and it was like his emotions overcame him. It was strange, one minute he had no emptions and was ready to dispose of them just like his mission had been but then he felt every single emotion possible and it was just from seeing that woman. How did he know her, who was she and what did this mean for him going forward? He didn't know whether he'd be able to concentrate on his missions now that there was all this confusion surrounding him, he was sure that all of his thoughts were going to be buried into the faces of the people on the street.

Without really knowing what he was doing, his metal arm flinched and threw the scientist across the room because he was done with whatever changes they were trying to make to him. He had so many questions, he was sick of being ignored and just wanted someone to treat him like a human being; he wanted answers. As soon as the scientist hit the wall with a thud, the soldiers that were guarding the room all turned their guns towards him and were prepared to shoot him if he tried anything else. Bucky just remained seated, panting heavily as he tried to recollect where he had seen those people before; he didn't understand what was happening and his mind was racing with different scenarios. Pierce steps through the first set of gates which kept the cell tightly secured, and one of the watchmen ran up to him; hoping he would listen to the warning. "Sir, he's unstable. Erratic."

Ignoring the warning, Pierce continues to walk through several more cell doors until he reached the main room where Bucky was sat; gesturing to the soldiers they were told to put down their guns and the final cell door was closed behind them. There was no chance of escaping, if someone started a fight then everyone in the room was sure to perish but Pierce was confident that this wouldn't happen and was desperate to know what was going on with his best soldier, his secret weapon. "Mission report." He said sternly but there was no response from the soldier sat in front of him. Rumlow stood behind him, waiting to see what his response to the silence would be and not wanting to get involved himself. Pierce gritted his teeth sharply, not happy about being ignored. "Mission report now."