[ 47 ]

Thanos had clicked his fingers and half of every living thing had disappeared into dust

Thanos had clicked his fingers and half of every living thing had disappeared into dust. There was no way to change what he had done and the Avengers were left mourning anyone that disappeared in the disaster, wondering if they could have been able to do something that would have changed the course of events. Noelle hadn't been coping very well, she had lost her fiancé in the event and despite being used to losing him several times over the years, this was the worst feeling that she had ever felt. They were so close to having their happy ending and now it was ruined because an alien had gotten hold of Infinity Stones which they had been in charge of protecting. She still had Steve, he was the only one that was able to comfort her as he had also lost Bucky and was getting over the emotions that went with once again losing his best friend. As much as Natasha wanted to help her friend through this tragedy, it seemed that she didn't understand where this trauma was coming from and gave her the space she needed. Noelle was mourning for Bucky, but she was also mourning for Wanda, who had lost Vision moments before she was turned into dust and even mourned for Sam, even though they always seemed to be bickering, she didn't want to lose him.

Avengers Facility

A few weeks had passed and whoever remained from the Avengers Initiative had returned to the Avengers Facility, as this was their only private place which they could call home. Noelle had locked herself in her room, lying in the darkness and crying to herself as she toyed with the dog tag around her neck; refusing to look at the ring that still lay on her finger because it was a constant reminder for what she couldn't have. For something that she would never have. The others were sulking around, no one was talking and no one had said anything since they arrived. It was too depressing to talk about what they had lost and couldn't stop watching the news as families were ripped apart from this devastation and as much as the Avengers had helped, they hadn't stopped the blip from happening. Suddenly, their thoughts were interrupted when they all heard a rumbling from outside and the entire facility was shaking with the return of something big.

Steve, Rhodey, Bruce and Natasha ran outside the building to see what was coming and could only pray that Thanos wasn't back for another round because they had no willpower and wouldn't be able to fight against him with no morale. Instead, they saw some kind of gold light that was carrying a spaceship onto the ground and had no idea what they were dealing with. The gold light turned into a person, someone that they didn't recognise but what they were more surprised about was what the spaceship held for them. A member of the team that they were sure was killed in the attack in space, they didn't believe that he had survived the click and yet, here he was, being helped off the ship by a robotic woman with blue features. Nebula helped a struggling Tony down the steps of the spaceship and Steve rushed forward to grab him because he could sense that his friend was struggling and needed help. "Couldn't stop him." Tony mumbled, not wanting to admit his defeat to everyone.

Steve continued to help him walk towards the facility. "Neither could I."

"Hang on." He stopped walking, hobbling slightly and trying to keep his balance as his voice wavered and the emotion was clear on his face. "I lost the kid."