Chapter 30 - So... She Likes to Watch /Both/ Frozens When Sick

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 30 - "She's Sick..." -
Warnings: Sick Stage, slight injuries and slight problems eating
Third Person POV

Cards walks into the room, Jack trailing behind them.

Cards frowns, gesturing to Stage.

Stage laid on her bed, crying a bit, but not a lot.

She just laid there.

"Stage..." Jack starts softly, frowning.

"She's sick." Cards states, crossing their arms.

Jack takes a deep breath to stop him making a remark.

"I watched Frozen." Stage whispers, uncurling her head from her ball of herself and looking up at them. "And I'm gonna watch... Frozen 2." She adds quietly.

Jack chuckles softly. "Have you taken medicine, Stage?" He asks.

Stage purses her lips. "May...be..." she answers slowly, uncertain.

Cards turns to face Jack. "I'm gonna take that as a no, and also because I don't think we should trust sick Stage when she says she took medicine." They tell Jack.

Jack chuckles. "I'll go grab the medicine." He tells them, leaving the room.

Cards nods.

They look back at their best friend, before going and sitting next to them.

Stage stares at the ceiling through her blurry vision, before slowly grabbing her stuffed animal and pressing it against her stomach. "I've been impaled..." she whispers.

Cards chuckles softly. "You find Olaf funny?" They ask.

Stage looks over at them. "Who... couldn't?" She asks slowly. "Look out for my butt." She declares deliriously, waving her arm around weakly above her head.

Stage giggles weakly, causing Cards to chuckle a bit.

Jack walks back into the room, holding Tylenol.

Stage throws her hands over her eyes. "I will rip my ears off of my head if they don't shut up." She threatens, her voice quiet.

Jack and Cards share a look.

"Aren't you usually begging for your ears to let you hear stuff?" Cards asks softly.

"That came out wrong." Stage mumbles. "My ears hurt." She complains, turning over on her side.

"I'm sorry, Stagie." Cards whispers, rubbing Stage's back gently.

Stage's eyes squint open slightly. "I think I have math work." She whispers, forcing herself to try to sit up. "I need to do it to stay in honors."

Cards forces her to stay laying down. "You can miss one or two days of math honors, catch up, and still have at least an A. Calm down, please." They tell her.

Stage grumbles softly, turning over onto her stomach.

"I brought water and Tylenol." Jack offers weakly, holding them up.