Chapter 6 - Seize the Day

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 6 -  An Unfair Fight -
Warning: Soaking
Third Person POV

Cards and Stage walk into Newsie Square, catching Jack as he speaks to what they saw were scabs. "Fellas... for the sake of all the kids in every sweatshop, factory, and slaughterhouse in this town, I beg you, throw down your papes, and join the strike."

The two girls walk over and stand right behind Jack and Davey. Stage was next to Les and Race, while Cards was next to Stage and Mush.

It's silent for a minute. The three scabs look at each other, then the first scab gets in Jack's face. Davey pulls Les behind him, as Cards does for Stage.

"I'm with ya!" He exclaims, as he throws down his papers. He takes off his pape bag, and throws it to Weasel, before the other Newsies pat him on the back, cheering.

The other two scabs get surrounded by the Newsies.

Davey: Now is the time to seize the day.
Newsies: (Now is the time to seize the day.)

Davey and Stage go up to the second scab, and Stage puts her hand on his shoulder.

The third scab motions for the second scab to follow him, slapping him on the chest, but the second scab stays listening to Stage and Davey.

Newsies: Wrongs will be righted, if we're united
Let us seize the day

The second scab finally breaks, and throws down his papers. The third scab goes over to him.
"You're kidding me right?!"

"At the end of the day, who are you gonna trust? Them, or them?" The second one asks, throwing his bag at Weasel, who barely catches it.

Jack: Now let 'em hear it loud and clear
Newsies: Now let 'em hear it loud and clear.)

Jack: Like it or not we're drawing near
Newsies: (Like it or not we're drawing near)

Newsies: Proud and defiant
We'll slay the giant
Judgment day is here

"Aww, what the heck?! My father's gonna kill me anyway!" The last scab yells, throwing down his papes, and his bag to Weasel. The Newsies all cheer.

Newsies: Houston to Harlem, look what's begun
One for all and all for one!
Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike! Strike!
Oh! Strike!

The Manhattan Newsies start dancing, as Cards, Jack, Davey, Les, and Crutchie stand off to the side, watching them.

Cards chuckles as she watches Stage dancing with the boys. She was right next to Race, and looked like she fit in.

"She's adorable" Jack tells Cards, who nods, still laughing.

"Oh my gosh, you two were right" Davey realizes, eyes wide as he turns towards Jack and Cards.

"What?" Cards questions, confused.

"You and Stage told me that soon I would be bursting into song with them, and I just did that" Davey explains, astonished. Jack, Cards, and Crutchie laugh, patting Davey on the back.

"Get used to it, these are the nicest and craziest Newsies there are" Cards tells Davey, who still looks astonished.

After the dance break

Newsies: Now is the time to seize the day
They're gonna see there's hell to pay
Nothing can break us
No one can make us quit before we're done
One for all and all for
One for all and all for one!