Chapter 12 - Stubborn Cards

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 12 - Treating Her Injuries -
Warning: Abuse, soaking
Third Person POV

Stage stood waiting outside of the court building.

She was told by Davey, Katherine, and Blink that she probably shouldn't go inside.

So Blink was waiting outside with her. He was hugging her, but she was too focused on if Cards was going to the Refuge or not.

"Hey Blink," Stage whispers. Blink nods, showing that he's listening. "Is she gonna be okay?"

"Yeah Stage, Cards isn't gonna leave you, and Katherine is gonna stop her from going to the Refuge" Blink responds. Stage nods.

"Thanks Blink" Stage whispers. Blink smiles.

"Everything's going to be okay, Stage. I promise you" Blink whispers back. Stage nods.

The door to the court house opens, and out streams a lot of Newsies.

A bunch of them say hi to Blink and Stage.

Stage waved back, but she kept looking for a certain Newsie.

Spot saw this. He tapped Stage's shoulder, and pointed behind him.

Cards.

Cards opens her arms. Stage runs and hugs her. "You're okay!"

"I told you I wasn't gonna leave you or go to the Refuge" Cards responds. Stage sniffles.

"Thank God" Stage whispers, still clinging to Cards.

Cards could tell by Stage's grip on her that Stage had been told what had happened, and she knew Stage had no doubtably heard the chaos.

Stage steps back, staring at Cards, eyes wide. "Cards! You look terrible!"

"I'm fine" Cards responds, brushing it off.

Stage shakes her head, grabbing her hand. "No, no. You take care of me when I'm hurt, and now I'm taking care of you."

"Stage, I'm fine-" Cards tries to tell Stage, but Stage just shakes her head.

"You are not fine" Stage responds, dragging her to the Manhattan lodge.

The other Newsies laugh at them. "Update me on what happens!"

Spot nods, waving and laughing as Stage drags Cards away from them.

When they get to the Lodge, Stage sits Cards down on the bottom bunk (Cards' bed) that they share when they stay in Manhattan.

She then runs to grab water, a cloth, bandages, and cream.

She knew where everything was because Specs had showed her when he taught her the basics on how to treat certain injuries.

Stage then went back over to Cards. "Okay, as you probably know because you get into a lot of fights and this happens pretty often," Cards rolls her eyes. "This is going to hurt a little bit."