Chapter 3 - Manhattan Relationships

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 3 - A Visit to Manhattan -
Warning: Mentions of Soaking
Third Person POV

"Guzman Twin Uno!" Stage exclaims as she bounces into the Manhattan Lodging House.

Everyone laughs, as she makes a motion for Ike to meet her on the fire escape.

Ike throws down his cards, tipping his hat to the boys he was playing with as he goes to the window to get on the fire escape.

Mike raises his hand, and before he can ask anything, Stage pipes up again.
"Yes Twin Dos! You can come too!"

Mike grins, throwing his cards down, tipping his hat, and climbing out the window to Stage and Ike. Everyone laughs again.

"What just happened?" Jack asks Cards, still laughing a bit.

"We went to Brooklyn two days ago" Cards answers. Jack 'oh's.

"She meet Hotshot?" Race questions as he puts down a card. He had been in the group that Mike and Ike were playing with. Cards nods.

"She's excited" Cards states, laughing a bit to herself.

"We couldn't tell" Albert mumbles, sarcastically. Cards ignores him.

"Anyone else gonna listen in?" Romeo questions. Multiple boys raise their hands.

Jack, Cards, and Crutchie laugh.

On the roof

"You're dating someone!" Stage exclaims, pulling Ike to sit down as Mike sits down next to her. Ike's eyes widen.

"How'd you-"

"We visited Brooklyn." Stage answers, cutting Ike off. "I'm so happy for you! He seems to like you!"

"You- you aren't disgusted?" Ike questions. Stage looks at him, confused. "I- I mean we're both boys- and- and boys don't date? You're okay with this?"

"Ike, come on. You know I don't care who you date, as long as you're happy. I love you like you're my brother. I trust you. Love is love, nothing can change that. It doesn't matter what skin color, gender, or anything, as long as you're happy" Stage assures Ike, who smiles at her.

"Oh my god! That was so cute!" Mike exclaims. Ike and Stage laugh, they had kinda forgotten about him for a second.

"Besides Ike, I got total 'I may not seem like it, but I'd date a boy' vibes from the King of Brooklyn" Stage tells Ike, who laughs.

"Use his name! It's not like he's gonna jump down from the ceiling and kill you!" Cards shouts from inside the Lodge.

Stage turns to the twins, looking frightened.
"Can he do that?"

Mike and Ike laugh.
"No, he can't."

"Besides, Race could never let him harm you, neither would Cards, or any of us" Mike assures Stage, who nods.

"Wait- Race?" Stage questions. The twins laugh.

"There's a reason you got 'I may not seem like it, but I'd date a boy' vibes from him" Mike tells Stage, who gasps.

"Oh my god- no way!" Stage exclaims, grinning.

"I'm dating Spot Conlon! Take that idiots!" Race examine, jumping out the window, and shouting it to Manhattan. Mike, Ike, Stage, along with the other Newsies inside the Lodge laugh.

"I'm still single, and will always be!" Stage exclaims, doing the same thing as Race. Race laughs, high-fiving her.

"Anyone else want to confess that they're dating someone?" Stage questions, looking around the Manhattan Newsies.

"Wait, you're okay with this?" Boots questions. Stage deadpans.

"Other than Jack, Stage was the first person I told about dating Mush" Blink states. Boots nods, and Stage smiles.

"I mean, I hope you told Mush" Albert mumbles. Groans of annoyance come from everyone in the room, other than Stage, who giggles.

"I'm dating Red!" Boots exclaims. Everyone turns to look at him, shocked, except Smalls and Sniper.

"He told us this" Smalls states, high-fiving her two best friends.

"I feel betrayed!" Elmer exclaims, as Stage exclaims "Yay! Good for you!"

Everyone laughs, as they turn to each other, before bursting our laughing.

"Anyway, anything else new?" Cards questions. The Manhattan Newsies look around at each other.

"We had two new kids today" Jack answers. Stage and Cards share a look, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. They were brothers, Davey, who is 16, and Les, who is 10, almost" Crutchie explains. Stage and Cards nod.

"Interesting, update us?" Cards asks Jack, who nods.

"Maybe we can meet them soon" Stage chirps. Cards and Jack chuckle.

"Les will like you, and you'll like him" Jack tells Stage, ruffling her hair. She grins up at him.

"What are they like?" Stage asks, curious. The boys laugh.

"Well, Les is literally a younger version of Stage." Jack explains, causing everyone to laugh. "Innocent, usually hears something from the older boys, then he asks Davey, and Davey almost has a heart attack. He adorable, a bit childish too. Davey is books smart, definitely not street smart. Kinda like a mom friend, shyer, whereas Les is about as extroverted as can be."

"You called me adorable! Well, childish too- eh it's not wrong- but you called me adorable!" Stage exclaims, grinning. Everyone chuckles.

"We should meet them soon. I also want to see if Davey would survive in Brooklyn" Cards states, smirking. Jack throws her a look.

"Terrible idea. I'm surprised you even brought Stage there and she didn't come back terrified" Jack responds. Cards laughs a bit.

"They're like my brothers, plus, they wouldn't hurt her. Spot and Smokes called her adorable and she still won't call Spot by his first name" Cards explains. Jack laughs.

"I swear, Brooklyn is the one borough where my boys won't be annoying." Jack laughs, as Cards does too. "Except for Race, and sometimes Ike and Boots."

"Now we know why" Cards responds, causing them both to laugh.

"It's getting late, you guys heading back soon?" Jack questions. Cards shrugs.

"Even though I'd really like to soak the Delancey's for hurting Stage, I can't when she's with me, since she thinks I'll get hurt and she doesn't like violence" Cards mumbles, a bit annoyed. Jack nods.

"She could stay here and the boys could watch her, while we go soak them? I'd really like to soak them as well" Jack suggests. Cards shakes her head.

"We can't. It's not worth risking getting thrown in the Refuge, though, Stage and I should get back. Anytime now Snyder and those stupid Delancey's will be roaming the streets. We can't be here when that happens" Cards tells Jack, who nods. He understood that better than anyone.

"Stay safe, and come visit again soon." Jack tells Cards, who nods. "I know that Stage just visited us, but it's never both of you here at once."

"I get it, plus, I wasn't gonna let her walk here by herself again. I'm still annoyed that she didn't tell me the other day" Cards mumbles. Jack chuckles, ruffling Cards' hair.

"Hey! I can protect myself!" Stage exclaims, jumping up. Everyone throws her looks. "Fine, maybe I can't."

"I love you Stage, but you definitely can't" JoJo states, ruffling her hair. She rolls her eyes.

"Let's pretend I can" Stage exclaims. Everyone throws her looks again.

"Yeah, no" Henry responds. Stage pouts at him, and he shrugs.

"Okay, it was fun visiting, but we need to go" Cards decides. Jack and Stage nod.

The two girls wave to the Manhattan Newsies as they leave the Lodge.

1214 Words
Davey and Les are here, you know what that means.