Night

Running sucks

After an entire evening of cross country practice, you were finally let go. Somehow Chaeyoung convinced you to stay for the whole thing even though you're not on the team, but still. People like to say you're 'fast', but you don't believe them. The only reason why you were running faster than Chaeyoung is because you're petty. Dangerously petty. It's your strongest trait. When challenged, you feel the need to win no matter what.

Chaeyoung made a bet that you couldn't run faster than her for at least a few seconds. Of course, your petty ass took her on and ran like Park Jimin was chasing you. It's safe to say you beat her for a few seconds. It wasn't by much, but enough that Chae and her cross country friends were impressed. Lisa, Jennie, and Jisoo. Those are her three cross country friends. They're honestly pretty cool people, they like you. Or at least, you think they do.

Now it's night, and Chaeyoung is going with them to a milkshake shop. They offered you to go with them, but truthfully, you're tired. Not only were you dancing but then you practiced in a sport you never played before just for fun. On the bright side, today's the only day where that'll happen. As Chae said: 'they're letting anyone run since it's the first day' or something like that.

You walk outside the track, smiling as the Moon shines down on you. The nature preserve is not too far away... maybe you should go visit it. That sounds like a lot of fun actually. Chaeyoung will be jealous, but you'll take some pictures for her so she doesn't feel left out.

"Y/N!"

You jump, turning and looking to see a short, brown-haired boy running towards you. Really? Seriously? Is he the only boy in this school? Are there no others who can bother you? "Jimin?" you ask in disbelief. "Hey," he greets, slowing to a stop in front of you. He's wearing a black hoodie now, his brown hair all fluffy and messed up from basketball practice.

"Did practice just end for you?" He nods, "yeah, what are you doing here so late? Didn't you leave hours ago?" You point to the track, "Chaeyoung convinced me to run some laps with her." "Let me guess: some turned into a lot?" You sigh, "as much as it kills me to say this... yep, you're right." He smirks, "oh I'm sorry, could you say that again?" "Nope. Bye, I'm going home." "To your dorm, you mean?" You shrug, "same thing."

Your feet move on their own, walking away from him. "Wait! Hang on!" he calls, rushing up to you. You reluctantly stop and turn to face him. "Yes?" He pauses, clearly not expecting to get this far. "I uh... let me walk you home." "Why?" "Because it's night, no lady should have to walk home alone." Your heart melts at his offer, but you know that you should say no. However, your mouth doesn't care about what your mind says.

"Sure."

He bounces up and down, clearly celebrating his victory. "Thank you," he whispers as the two of you walk. It's silent for the first few minutes, the two of you not sure what to talk about. But... Jimin finds something. "You dance and you didn't tell me?" You sigh. Yeah, you figured that would come up eventually.

"I've danced for the past couple years. All throughout high school. I didn't think I was that good so... I didn't really want to say I liked it and have us have a dance off or something." Jimin smiles, "maybe we should, you hit some good moves." You stop in your tracks, him doing the same. "Wha-" "You were watching me?!" you yelp. He goes still, turning pink. "Uhh... a little. I stole some glances, I had practice so I wasn't like, watching-" "You were watching me," you interrupt, blinking at him.

He sighs, "a little." "A little?" "Okay a lot!" he admits, letting out a huff, "I couldn't help it, I wasn't kidding. You hit some good moves." You softly smile, getting a little shy. "Thanks..." He lights up, "you're welcome. And no, I won't challenge you to a dance off. We won't do anything you're not comfortable with." You let out a breath of relief, "good."