Problems

~Five Days Later~

You've had enough of this bullshit.

Here you are, standing at the kitchen counter at midnight, again. This is the third time in two weeks. Third time. Not to mention all the shit he's been pulling for two months now. You want to know what really, really pisses you off? Yesterday was your anniversary. A year and seven months. Seven fucking months. Over a year and a half into your relationship and how does he celebrate it? By not talking to you all day. You don't want to fight, but you've been saying the same shit for two months now. Enough is enough.

With teary eyes you go to your room and start packing. You need space to think about all this. Maybe a break from each other is exactly what you need. It feels like you're asking him what's wrong every single night but it doesn't work. He never answers. It's always a 'nothing' or 'I'm just stressed'. Never anything else. You're tired of waiting.

You've gladly sacrificed a lot of yourself for him, but this is too much. Staying up past midnight so many times even though you have class and work the next day - or same day in that case. If he's not going to talk to you, then you need to think about yourself.

You sniffle and bring your phone to your ear, the line ringing. Seconds later, she picks up. "Hey babe, what are you doing up so late?" Chaeyoung asks. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" you ask with a dry laugh. "Jin's over, we're watching a movie. Everything okay?" You sigh, "no, not at all. Jimin's out again." "Again?!" "I know, I know. I need some space. Can I stay over for a bit? Can I crash on your couch?" "Let me ask my roommate really quick."

Chaeyoung is in an apartment now, identical to the one Jimin and Tae stayed in last year. So good news is you'll be familiar with it. Bad news... you're away from Jimin. Truthfully it feels like you've been living with a stranger for a good month now, but still. Bad news nonetheless. How did it get to this point?

"She's okay with it," Chaeyoung says, "you can take the couch as long as you need, okay babes? I'll buy you some chocolate, how about that?" You nod even though she can't see it, "I'm literally so in love with you." She laughs, "I feel the same way. Come quickly. Oh do you need a ride? I can ask Jin." "No, it's okay. I need some fresh air I'll walk and leave the car for Jimin." "That's a long walk babe, are you sure?" "I'm sure. I need to clear my head and some alone time walking would be nice." "At night though?" she questions. "I have pepper spray and a tracker on my phone. I'll be okay, I promise. I'm walking through a populated and well-lit area."

She's clearly upset about that, but she doesn't press. "If I don't hear from you in fifteen minutes, I'm taking Jin by the balls and searching for you." You laugh, "I'll text you every five minutes, how about that?" "Works for me. See you soon." "See you soon... and Chae?" She hums. "Thank you." You can feel her smile. "You're always welcome, anything for you L/N."

The two of you hang up and you slip your phone into your pocket, going down into the kitchen just in time for the front door to open. Jimin saunters in, looking surprisingly stable. Is he not drunk? "Are you sober?" you ask as he closes the door. He snorts, "I wish I wasn't, but yeah." He turns, about to speak when he sees your backpack on your shoulders.

"Wha... what are you doing?" he whisper-asks, pain in his tone. "I'm leaving," you simply say, "I need some space. I think we both do." He rushes forward and comes to a stop only two feet away from you. "W-What do you mean you're leaving?" "I'm staying at Chae's for a few days. I told you, I need space." "Why?" "Oh come on, you can't be serious," you mutter, looking down.

"Look at me." You sigh and obey. "What?" Jimin gives you his sorrowful expression, "I'll be better. I'll do what you want me to. Please... please don't leave me." "I'm not changing my mind. The sooner I leave the sooner I come back now can I go?" "No!" he sharply says, "please don't do this. Why are you leaving me?"