Habits

~One Week Later~

What the fuck is going on?!

One week of Jimin slowly getting better completely gets shattered away. Now he's gone, out partying again. If you had known you would have stopped him but he left before you got home. Instead of texting you he left a physical note. Probably since he knew you'd call him and beg him to stay home if he texted you. Fucking... ugh! Park Jimin!

You throw the note into the trash and wipe your tears away. No. You just got home from work, you're not accepting this. If he wants to be the asshole who doesn't text you saying he'll be out partying all night, you can do the same. Part of you wants to be the bigger person but you've been the bigger person for well over a month now, almost two. You've put up with all his issues and tried to get him to talk to you but he won't. That's not your fault anymore.

So, with a newfound motivation, you get changed into casual clothes and bring your phone to your ear. "Hello?" Jungkook's voice questions. "Are you with Tae?" "Yeah, why?" "Want to meet up at the nature preserve?" There's a pause as Jungkook asks Taehyung if he wants to go. There's a little bit of muffled back and forth until Jungkook finally hums. "We'll be there. Five minutes?" "Ten, I'm not that fast of a driver Kook." He chuckles before the two of you say your goodbyes and hang up.

You get into your car within the next minute, driving off into the sunset. Well, it's night actually. The library doesn't close until 11. Goes to show how late Jimin is if he isn't home before you. Whatever, not your problem right now. The only problem you have is that you aren't with your favorite ship right now.

Within the next eight minutes you're on campus, parked, and walking to the nature preserve. It isn't too far from where you parked (yes you're a genius and decided to park close) so you're not surprised to see Taehyung and Jungkook waiting for you outside it.

"How are my two favorite boys in the universe doing? Don't tell Jimin and Jin," you greet. They jump and turn around. "Oh... were you two having a moment? I can turn around-" "Nope! We're good!" Jungkook interrupts with a flustered face. Uh-huh. So good. That's why Tae is rapidly nodding in agreement? Suuuure. Looks like they're nervous for something. Question is what.

"Let's go!" Jungkook chimes. Together, the three of you head into the fray. "So... not to be that person but..." Tae starts, trailing off. "Jimin and I are fine. Strictly fine. Not horrible but... not good either. Not even okay just... fine." "Tae she may sound convincing but remember this is a woman saying the deadly phrase 'it's fine'," Jungkook mutters to his boyfriend.

Tae shrugs, "I'm not gonna press. Let's talk about different things, shall we?" "Maybe like the blooming relationship between you two that you seemingly don't want to talk about?" you inquire. Both Tae and Jungkook are at a loss for words. "Uh..." Jungkook starts, but you quickly interrupt him. "Wait Koo... what's on your face?" you ask.

It's been a hot minute since you've seen him, but you still recognize that a purple mark near his eye isn't natural. It looks like a fading bruise. "I ran into a wall," he explains. The crack in his voice tells you he's lying, so you decide to stop them. "Did you get jumped or something? Who did this?" you softly ask.

Tae averts his eyes while Jungkook struggles to speak. "Um..." "Please tell me." "She deserves to know Kook," Tae sadly mutters. "What? Was it someone I know?" Jungkook looks down shaking his head. "Please, please tell me." Jungkook lets out a long sigh, "it uh... it was Jimin."

What

"Excuse me?" you whisper, your voice strained. "He punched me by accident." "Accident?!" "He was drunk," Tae tries, but you're already too angry. "So it's okay because he was drunk? He punched his best friend and this is supposed to be written off as 'okay'?" "We were talking about you. I think he thought I still liked you and was trying to get with you. He wasn't in his right senses, Y/N please-" "I need to leave. I need to see him right now." "Is he even home?" Tae asks.