Rooftop

Taekook has arrived bitches

~Two Weeks Later || 10:07 p.m.~

Stars are so beautiful

Tomorrow is the day they go back to school, so Jungkook wanted to look at the stars one last time. He's lying down against his roof, staring up at the countless things. He's come to admire the night sky. His nights with Y/N at the nature preserve made him fall in love with the Moon and stars. It's so beautiful.

Him and Y/N talked a lot over break, but he lives two hours away from her, so it was too hard to meet. She promised to take him out as soon as they get back, so there's that. Gosh he's glad they're friends again. He was an idiot to blow up at them, but he's grateful that they forgave him.

Speaking of people who live far away... Hoseok is also in Y/N's area. Jimin's an hour away, Yoongi the same, Namjoon and Jin are an hour and a half. Jungkook's the closest to their school, which is slightly shocking. However, there's one person who moved right before college to be closer to the school...

"I brought cookies," Tae's voice rings out, Jungkook immediately smiling upon hearing him. He climbs onto the roof, lying down next to Jungkook and resting the plate of cookies on his stomach. "Chocolate chip," Tae clarifies, pointing to the plate sitting on him.

Jungkook eagerly takes one, "eating while lying down isn't my forte, but anything for chocolate chip cookies." Tae chuckles, looking over at Jungkook. "Thanks for keeping me company over break, I would've lost my mind if we didn't have our weekly hang outs," Tae says. Jungkook hums in agreement, "trust me, even with our weekly hangouts I almost lost my mind, it's good to have you by my side."

They go quiet, looking up at the stars overhead. It's such a nice night. The temperature is cool but not too cold despite it being winter. The Moon is shining down on them, and Jungkook's heart is beating rapidly. Can Taehyung hear it? Jungkook can, that's for sure. Maybe he's overreacting, who knows...

The setting is perfect. It's honestly quite romantic. Cookies and stars. What better way to confess feelings? Although Jungkook desperately tries to speak, no words come out. Just three words Jeon, you can do it. 'I like you'. How hard is that? He tries again and again, but nothing comes out. So, he does the next best thing.

Jungkook sucks in a breath, creeping his hand across the small space between him and Tae. He feels Tae's hand there without even looking, him hearing Tae's breathing halt at the jolt of contact. Within the next second, Jungkook entwines his hand with Tae's, the older man giving him a squeeze.

He smiles in relief, keeping his eyes on the sky. It's quiet for another few seconds, the feeling of Taehyung's hand in Jungkook's comforting him to the core. "Jungkook?" He still doesn't look over at Tae, instead, he keeps his eyes up. "Yeah?" Even though he can't see Tae, he can hear him smile. "I like you too."

~~~

"Honey, can I talk to you?"

You furrow your brows but obey, stepping into your father's office with a look of concern. "Everything okay dad?" He nods, giving you a soft smile, "sit." You come closer, sitting on the chair across from his wooden desk, your bare feet hitting the carpet.

"It's about Jimin." Your face goes cold, "what about him?" It's been a couple weeks since they've met Jimin now, but your father hasn't really talked about him. Your mom constantly teases you for having such a hottie, but your father was rather quiet. Maybe he needed time to gather his thoughts. He saw you and Jimin all cuddled up on the couch after you had your period pains, maybe he thought that was something it wasn't. Or the fact that he came over at all, maybe your father saw that as disobedience.