Year

~Three Months Later~

You miss Yoongi

So does the basketball team, but you and Jimin especially. He's been sulking a lot lately, but today not so much. Today he's excited for obvious reasons. One year. One year ago today you said yes to Jimin in his apartment. That was the day he asked you out on your first date with him. Oh gosh the carnival, so long ago but it started your relationship off on the right foot unlike what happened before.

Thank God it's your year, otherwise you and him would still be sulking over Yoongi. The man calls and texts a lot. He's working on music but also looking for a spot on a pro basketball team. Due to his status on a D1 college basketball team, apparently he's had a lot of opportunities already. Good for him, he'll be the rich and famous friend of the bunch. Good to know.

Jimin finishes hanging the collage you made him back at Christmas, smiling like an idiot. "Our wall looks a lot more colorful now," he chimes, stepping down from the step ladder. "Careful babe, don't fall like you're known to," you tease. He pouts but doesn't reply, he instead looks at the thing.

You come over to him, letting him wrap an arm around your shoulder. "Our first decoration!" "Don't look too proud it took us three months to get one," you reply with a small smile. He chuckles, kissing the top of your head. You and Jimin moved into a small place off campus. It's a nice little house not too far from college, only a five minute drive. Both you and Jimin worked all summer to combine money and buy a car. It's nothing fancy, just a dumb starter car, but it works and that's the important part. It's like you're starting your own little family already except no kids.

Now you're the one working a part time job. You have an on-campus job AKA you help out at the library. While Jimin does basketball, you need a way to get money for the house and groceries. Granted you and him managed to save up a lot not only over the years from working as high schoolers but also from your summer jobs. You work as often as possible to make up for Jimin not working, but he'll work in the winter and summer to help out. He argued with you about you working so much, but there was no other way to live off campus. It's expensive.

"I love you baby, and happy year. I can't wait to go out tonight," he chimes. "I love you more Chim," you mutter, nuzzling up against his side as you're famous for doing. He backs away from you suddenly, making you pout. "Where'd my walking radiator go?" you whine as he laughs, going to the kitchen and opening the fridge.

"I got something for us for our anniversary baby," he says, pulling out of the fridge and holding up two packages. "Spa day?" he questions, waving the face mask packets around like there's no tomorrow. "Don't break it," you say with a giggle. "Oh and you want your present now?" you question. "But... what about at night when it's more romantic?" "I got you more than one thing dummy. Why not one now and the more important one later?"

He hums, "I'm fine with being spoiled." You laugh, bouncing to the back of the house. It's small: really small. It has a living room, kitchen, and upstairs to the bathroom and bedroom. A starter house, nothing fancy. Regardless it's nice. You couldn't ask for anything else. It's perfect.

You dash into the bedroom, taking the pretty pink bag from out of the corner. Neither of you bothered hiding your gifts. Like you both knew what was coming and you trust that the other won't peek. Easy enough.

You're quick to come back downstairs, watching as he hums to himself while preparing the masks on the kitchen counter. "Oh hey babe, welcome back," he says once he notices you. Gosh he's just... fuck he's so cute. So, so cute. It hurts sometimes. "Hey baby boy, having fun there?" He nods cutely, you handing the pink bag to him.