Downhill

~One Week Later~

"Are you working again?"

You bite your lower lip, nodding. "Sorry Chim, they called me in. Apparently it's an emergency, something about my co-worker calling off out of the blue. Family emergency." Jimin pouts, watching as you gather your stuff. "I'll be back in a couple hours, it's not a long shift, only like two hours to oversee the place for the end of the night." He somberly nods, still pouting like a four year old.

When you're finished getting ready, you walk over and place both your hands on his shoulders. "Hey... I'll make it up to you tonight, okay? How about I pick us up some food on the way back. Chinese? Deli? Pizza?" His lips slowly spread into a smile, "pizza." You chuckle, pecking his lips, "pizza it is, anything for my baby boy. Want to watch a movie and cuddle?" He instantly nods. "Choose a movie then babe, they said two hours, three max. If they hold me any later I'll sue them." Jimin laughs, "so cute baby girl." You sigh, keeping your hands on his shirt. "I'm really sorry, I know we wanted to have a cuddling night since I've been gone so much..."

He shakes you off, "don't be. We chose to move in together, I was apart of that process. I knew as well as you did that you'd have to work as much as possible. It's not your fault, I'm not mad at you. I'm just... sad, I guess. I miss you." You frown, "how about this, I'll try to get an extra day off to spend some time with you, okay? And if they call me in I'll say no, no matter what." "Really?" You firmly nod, "really. Nothing's more important to me than you. You're my priority, not work."

Jimin smiles softly, kissing you for a few seconds. When you part, he keeps that smile on his face. "Thank you baby. I... really appreciate that. If I'm being honest, I've been getting lonely. Basketball has kept me occupied but I miss walking you home. I miss seeing you at dance." Yeah, had to give that up for the house. He argued against that but unfortunately, it was either live on-campus separately or move in together off-campus. Since it was your activity, you made the decision. It's safe to say he still feels bad about that.

"I'm sorry," you say with a frown. He holds you close, "like I said, it's not your fault. I'm not mad or anything. You're only doing work because you love me and want to be here with me. I really admire that. More than you know." He places his forehead on yours, "I love you... I don't want this whole situation to put any strain on us. Let's figure this out when you get back, okay? Maybe... we should go back on-campus."

"But... babe..." "I know, I know. You've worked so hard and I don't want that to be for nothing, but maybe moving back on-campus can help ease your mind about the debt. You made a lot of money, keep it as an emergency fund instead of hammering out checks for rent every month," he softly explains. As much as you hate to admit it - that's not a bad idea. Doesn't change the fact that you love living with him though.

"I love our house," you say with a sigh, "I do, and I'm more than happy to work this much for it, but I also don't want to hurt you. What's the point of having a house if I'm not here to live in it?" He pecks your lips, pulling you into a hug, "it's okay baby, we'll figure it out. Now go have a good night at work. Come back to me soon. I want that pizza."

You giggle as you pull back, placing a hand on his cheek, "I love you." "I love you too. I'll miss you." You kiss his nose, "I'll miss you more." He laughs as you fully back away, grabbing your keys and shoving them in your pocket. "Remember to pick a good movie!" you call as you walk over to the door. He smiles at you while leaning against the counter, you waving goodbye before leaving. However, unbeknownst to you, as soon as the door closes Jimin breaks down...

~~~

Jimin stays curled up in a ball, staring at the TV. Some stupid rom-com is playing, but he doesn't care. He's still waiting for his girl to come home. Basketball has been a major tear on him, but not as much as Y/N barely being here. She works five to eight hours five or six days a week. She's literally a full time worker at this point, which isn't supposed to happen but after she explained the situation, they allowed it.