the reporter | peter parker

((hi long time no see!! i got the idea of this fic by watching the flash, it's from a reporters pov (you) and then spider-man meeting with the reporter like barry and iris did. if you're confused just read as if it were a normal fic but iykyk))

the air was cool and still while you waited outside your office. anxiously, you were checking your phone constantly, you weren't sure why though exactly. it's not like whenever he visits he texts you.

you've met with the mysterious spider-man a handful of times. each time more exciting than the last, and every time he tells you a story you can't not write about.

it's almost as if he looks forward to it more than you do. he excitedly tell you how he out smarted the bad guys and you listen intently with a pen and paper. although, he tells you every important detail he never fails to leave in the unimportant as well. like the time he told this lady where to go and she bought him a churro.

but as much as he tells you, he won't go near the conversation of who he is and where he is from. and that's the dying question my boss keeps begging me to ask. it's not like i haven't tried for my own personal knowledge, off the record but to no avail he doesn't budge.

you put your phone into your pocket and jangled your keys, maybe he wouldn't come today? he asks me to wait outside on tuesday nights and if there was anything juicy he dealt with he reports, so maybe nothing good happened this week?

although as if he read your mind, he landed in front of you in his spider-man pose. you unintentionally smiled, "thought you wouldn't come see me this week," you confessed.

"i like to be fashionably late," he said sarcastically. "shall we?" he held out his hand.

"i'm sorry — what?" you questioned. he immediately took your hand, spun you around so your back was to his chest.

he wrapped his arm around you and excitedly shouted, "hang on!" and before you could speak he flung you both into the air. grappling himself with his webs on each building while you hung on for your life.

realistically it lasted for about a minute but it sure felt like longer. swinging by each building and seeing the people below turn into specs each time you swung upwards was equally terrifying and thrilling.

one final swing and you both landed on top of an apartment complex's roof about 4 blocks from your office. he placed you down and you fixed your hair from the wind while breathing heavy from the adrenaline.

"how do you do that every day?" you queried utterly shocked.

"it's second nature at this point!" he laughed.

"why do that to me this time and not any time before?" you inquired again, this time reaching for your paper and pen.

"uh — look," he stammered, "this has to be off the record."

you nodded your head, keeping your things in your purse. "okay, sure. what's up then? why wisk me away for an off the record meeting?"

"you sure do ask a lot of questions," he joked, then his tone changed, "but- uh this has to be our last meeting."

"why?"

"i'm facing something that just can't be public knowledge just yet. i know it's a lot to ask of you and i'm sorry. it's for the best."

"if it's something dangerous the city deserves to know. they deserve to prepare." you said back, taking a strong step forward. he's never been this standoff ish with you, and it felt weird.

"i know and i wish it wasn't like this. i wish i could tell you friendly neighborhood spider-man stories. this one is just different." he digressed, you could hear his regret.

"but—"

"please, just trust me. i don't want you getting involved with any of this. you could really get hurt." he pleaded with you.

it was quiet, it was never quiet when you two had met before. "i'll drop it but, how do you expect me to just trust you on this? i think the public needs to know, they deserve to."

usually he's talking so fast you have to tell him to slow down and now it's like he's barley here. he sighed heavily, taking a step back and whispering something under his breath.

he reached up slowly and slipped his mask off his face. "you're just a kid..."

"so are you," he said, you could see every emotion on his face now like an open book. he looked desperate and tired. "my name is peter parker and i really need you to trust me because i trust you."

"okay, i do," you said firmly. "but does this really have to be our last meeting?"

"until i know you're safe and whatever i'm fighting can't harm you anymore than yes. but meeting like this... it's too dangerous," he paused. "i'm not letting this guy take any more from me."

"i didn't know i was something to you?" you trailed, intrigued. you stepped forward, "i'm sorry he took something from you, i know how hard that must be." you stepped forward and placed a hand on his arm.

he was looking at you with soft eyes, "since before our first meeting actually, i-uhm i couldn't work up the courage to come to you as me so i chose spider-man."

"i wish you would've, peter. you're actually very cute." you laughed.

"i know that now," he smiled. "i'm sorry i messed everything up, i finally tell you about how i feel and i can't see you again."

you embraced him in a hug, "there's always after you beat the bad guy."

"i don't know if i can this time, y/n." he said sadly, you pulled away from the hug to look him in the eye.

"you can and you will. i've written a dozen and more stories about how spider-man saves new york city countless times. you've defeated far worse than what you are up against."

"i wish it were that simple," he paused and looked up from the ground. he cupped your face and kissed you. you grabbed his forearms and returned the favor.

"when you get back, i'll be waiting at our spot." you smiled at him.

he quickly threw his mask back over his face and grabbed your waist and you held on tight. he swung you back to your office which again felt like years, he placed you down and winked with his mask.

"bye, spider-man," you gushed.

"for now, reporter lady!"