i love you, may. (peter parker)

summary: peter loses a fight with some bad guys and is hurt pretty bad and the first person he calls is may.

warnings: blood, death

word count: 803

The thieves left the store left with bags and bags of money, and customers fleeing in fright at what just happened. Peter couldn't believe what was going on. His hand covered the gaping hole in his chest trying to stop the blood  from existing his body.

The sound of the gun rang in his ears making it hard to distinguish if anyone was calling for help. Tony hadn't made the suit bullet proof but that's not his fault, he told Peter to stay away from things like this. "Stay away from dangerous situations, Peter. For May." Peter thought he could stop them and save the people being robbed from being left with nothing. He couldn't. Spider-man had failed.

Without thinking he calls May, knowing he won't make it. The phone rang and rang as tears trickled down Peters cheeks. "C'mon May, please." He spoke into the phone, he ripped the mask off his head revealing his disheveled face. The wound was still bleeding badly, he kept a firm hand on it until he talked to May. Peter needed to say goodbye.

"Hello?" She answered softly. It was like magic, her voice suddenly made the world stop. He wasn't dying anymore, he was home watching How To Get Away With Murder with her for the hundredth time. He was home making her dinner after a long day at work. He was safe.

"M-May," Peter smiled through the phone.

"Peter, are you okay?" May worriedly answered him. Peter chuckled to himself, trying to slow his breaths and even his voice as well as he could to keep her calm.

"I'm okay, May. I'm okay." Peter comforted her as well as he could. He couldn't think of words that wouldn't sound like he was dying. He wanted her to know that he loved her, with every ounce of his being. She was about to lose the only thing she has left in this world, he wanted her to be happy before her world came crashing down.

"Why'd you call?" She questioned, sounding like she popped chips in her mouth.

"I-I just wanted to say hey," he paused, steadying his breathing. "I didn't see you this morning." His voice was shaking but not to much to where she could tell anything was wrong.

"Yea, sorry kiddo. I had to go into work early. I left you a note, didn't you see?" Peter could feel his eyes watering and his wound profusely bleeding with every second passing. He still couldn't find the words, he was stalling. Which, in Peter's case, wasn't the best option.

"Yea, no. I sa-saw it. Listen, May—"

"Oh! Did you see what happened on How To Get Away With Murder? Turns out the mistress was pregnant! Can you believe that?" The innocence in May's voice ate away at Peter.

"I called it, I to-told you, but May," Peter froze he didn't yet have the words but whatever came out next would have to do. He knew his time was coming and couldn't hang on much longer. "I love you, okay? I just want you to know. Please know that."

"Peter you're scaring me," May spoke softly.

"No, no! Don't be scared, I just want you to-to know. I appreciate everything you've ever done fo-for me." Peter stopped, tears water falling down his cheeks. Somehow he kept his voice calm and steady for her. "May, I love you."

Peter's hand gently slide off the bleeding wound, letting the blood gush out. He had said his peace, he could go. He waited for her to respond with a soothing voice, the last he will ever hear.

"Awe, Peter I love you too."

With the last strength in his body he hung up the phone, not being able to say anymore to her. He broke down, tears leaving his eyes. Peter didn't want to leave May by herself. Alone with no one to care for, no one to look forward to seeing after a long day at work, no one to watch How To Get Away With Murder with and no one to cook her dinner when shes sick.

He failed her. Peter let her down, he knew he could get seriously hurt with being Spider-man but he was selfish and reckless and did it anyway.

He closed his eyes and felt his body relaxing, he heard sirens in the distance but they were too late.

Peter Parker was pronounced dead on the scene at 9:53 pm.

♡︎

wowie i hate myself if you read that while listening to the song props to you that shit is painfulgoodnight my loves

wowie i hate myself
if you read that while listening to the song props to you that shit is painful
goodnight my loves