lessons (tom holland)

summary: you have to give the annoying kid in your class guitar lessons although things go differently

warnings: none

word count: 1569

Oh yeah, sure, Mum. I'll go give lessons to the kid down the street! Which kid in particular would I be giving my free time to exactly? Tom? Tom Holland? The incredibly annoying kid down the street? I'm pretty sure he doesn't even care to learn to play the guitar for crying out loud!

    Your pace grew slower which each step closer to his house. You have been dreading this day for a week. Not only was Tom incredibly annoying to you, but he also happened to be your 'ex boyfriend' from sixth grade. Everyone had that relationship that wasn't really a relationship, but you all thought it was. You only talked when you passed in the halls and when you saw each other after school. You two 'dated' for a year and half and went on one measly date that ended up with you getting grounded. You ended it after several failed attempts to fix whatever you two even had.

You have not spoken since, an occasional 'hello' or 'how are you' if you see each other but nothing over the top. Tom grew up to do his own thing, like you did yours. Which is what got you into this situation. Although, this wasn't your fault. Your mum and his have remained somewhat friend's throughout the years and apparently during one of their Mum-Brunches with all of the other little Mums in town, she brought up that you played guitar and how fabulous you were, and Nikki mentioned that Tom had been wanting to learn to play.

Since you only lived two streets down you got there in just the right time. 4 pm, what an odd time. You kicked up the front steps and knocked on the door, immediately shoving your frigid hands back into the pockets of your jacket. It just had to be freezing out, of course.

Soon enough, you were greeted with a warm smile as the door opened. Nikki welcomed you in, wanting you to get warm as soon as possible. Bless her soul. You stepped into the mud-room and began taking off your shoes and jacket. No matter how cold it was outside, they always had the heat up to what felt like a hundred degrees. As you put your jacket on the coat rack, Nikki called for Tom at the bottom of the stairs.

"I have to run a few errands, I hope you don't mind." She looked back to you, smiling wide as if you and her son had been best friends for years, like you didn't find her son to be a complete and utter nescience. You smiled back.

"Not at all, I think we will be okay."

You heard a couple thumps and bangs and running around upstairs before finally hearing a door close and what seemed to be a calm, cool, and collected Tom descending the stairs. He hopped the last two steps and swung around the banister, not looking at you yet. You didn't either. You kept your eyes on Nikki, you wished she would stay. Besides, where are all this kid's brothers?

"Okay, Tom. I'll be back, behave, please." She turned to Tom, kissing his cheek and him returning the favor with quick 'loveyoutoo'. Nikki beamed at you once more before exiting out of the door, leaving you two by yourselves.

    For a few moments, you both sat there in silence. Not looking at each other, you focused on your shoelace and him on whatever was around his feet. You looked up for a moment to see if he was going to speak, but were met with his eyes and you quickly darted yours away.

    "So, your mom told mine you had your own guitar? I didn't bring mine." You finally spoke.

    "You didn't bring your own?"

    "Well, no. I don't want to get damaged or anything of the sort."

    "I'm not that reckless." Tom said monotone, you laughed at the joke.