The Day Your Life Changed (tom holland)

summary: you plan to have the perfect life with the love of your life. keyword, plan.

word count: 1302

The double doors in front of you will open in thirty seconds.

    In thirty seconds your life changes forever. In thirty seconds everything you once knew is over. In thirty seconds you start your new life.

    Twenty seconds.

    You breathe, remembering that's important. Staying alive would be nice.

    Ten seconds.

    You start to panic, the smile fades and you look behind you. Your eyes meet a warm familiar smile that somehow makes it all seem okay. That makes it all seem worth it. All this waiting, it's finally done.

    Five.

    You're here.

    One.

    The doors open and all eyes are on you. But you're only looking at one pair of eyes.

    You made it.

    You start walking. The stupidest decision you ever made was to walk alone. Considering their was no one to walk you, you didn't have much of a choice. But you didn't really mind, you felt so comfortable and that was because you were looking at him, and he was staring right back.

You could see his eyes welling up a bit.

Damn you, Tom. Stop it, you'll make me cry. You think to yourself, plastering a smile on your face but that doesn't conceal the tears that are starting to stream down your face.

    You hear the clicks of cameras from all angles and the quiet whispers about your dress, the music the pianist is playing ties it all together.

    You reach the altar, still looking into the same eyes you fell in love with years ago. Never did you once dare dream this far into the future. Never did you once dare to think you were going to be making a family. Never did you once think you would be in love like this.

    Not like this.

    They talk about love in books and in movies but it doesn't compare to the actual thing. It's truly a blessing to be able to love someone so much it hurts, to love someone so much that just hearing their voice can make you the happiest person alive. To love someone so goddamn much that you would get up in front of all your friends and family and pronounce your love and dedicate your life to someone.

    They don't mention how good it feels. Not in the slightest.

    "We are gathered here today..." The man began from your left.

    To be honest, you stopped listening. You were looking so deep into his eyes you couldn't focus on anything else. His cheeks were wet with tears and you (out of habit) reached up and wiped them dry. Not caring who saw, he didn't so neither did you.

    Tom had to signal you with his eyes to make you refocus on what the man was saying, because apparently he was talking to you.

    "I believe you both prepared vows?"

    We both said yes quietly and he motioned for Tom to begin first.

    He took a breath, then began, not breaking eye contact with you.

    "I will kill the spiders, maybe with a squeal and a few tears but I will kill them. I will share my fries with you when you have finished all of yours and are still hungry. I will eat the pineapple on the pizza because I know you hate it, and I love it. I will kiss the papercuts, and the door-slammed fingers, and the counter-bumped hip,"