be better, okay? (tom holland)

au: youre working alongside tom in a new featured movie and he is a total dick to you. it isn't until he visits your trailer that he sees who you really are, and how much of an asshole he has been. but will he change?

you stretched out your morning tiredness in your makeup chair, earning a small laugh from your makeup artist. "i like getting here early before you know who but it just makes me so sleepy," you confessed to her. her soft, steady hands were patting your face with setting powder, you had your eyes closed as she did this but you knew she was smiling at your comment.

"if only we all could," she sighed, taking in a short but fast breath as the door to the trailer opened. a cold burst of air swept through the small metal trailer, the door was closed quickly and you could hear rustling of clothes being taken off. you slouched a little, your makeup artist picking up your body language nodded in agreeance.

"tom, ill start you in a second while y/n's powder sets."

she spoke softly to him. he came closer, plopping himself in the chair next to yours. he let out a sigh and went on his phone.

you weren't going to let his bad mood affect you so you carried on your conversation. "but, yeah. i would love to travel around in an old hippie van. i think it's on my bucket list." you admitted. she had started on tom's makeup but kept going in conversation with you.

"i would be scared someone would break in, to be honest." she laughed, looking over to you.

"you'd actually do that?" tom spoke up from his chair, his voice was harsh and judgmental.

"yeah, i don't like being in one place for too long." you said easily, trying to keep the peace. he scoffed, and you rolled your eyes. he could see you do that in the mirror and you caught him looking at you.

you decided to let it be for now, picking your battles with him is what gets you through the long days you need to spend with him. as you looked back down, planning to go on your phone, he started to speak up.

"i just don't see how you could call that living...but that's just me." he shrugged and you looked to him. his hair was a mess and the only reason he looked decent was because of the makeup that was applied to his face. you took a deep breath in and just ignored him.

he noticed you ignoring him so he kept going, "what about your family? you're just going to leave them?"

you looked up at him angrily. "tammy," your makeup artist, "am i good to go?" you winked at her while he wasn't looking.

"yeah, go 'head..." she lied.

not even looking back once you grabbed your things and left. you'll go back for the rest of your makeup, but you just can't stand to be in the same room as him.

walking through the cold wind, you made your way to the set to grab your script for the day. walking up to the main table you noticed the director and the casting director chatting on the other side of the table.

you reached for your script, grabbing an apple as you did. you noticed you could listen in on what they were talking about, being a little anxious you listened in. you bit into your apple, opened your script to a random page and pretending you were reading.

"we've shot half of the movie already," the director spoke with agitation.

the casting director sighed, "it's not exactly what i envisioned for the movie either. but we can't work with him anymore, no one can!"

you gasped quietly, taking another bite of your apple. they have to be talking about tom!

"i don't want to have to re-shoot everything. if he fucks up or acts up again, i guess we can just pull the plug on the whole thing. i've got another project i'd rather work on anyway." the director said, he walked away and so did the casting director.