Art Museums (tom holland)

summary: you visit an art museum and somehow end up touring around an art noob.

warnings: none

word count: 889

Had you blinked?

    Shit, I think you blinked.

    Well, now you're thinking about now you will have to blink.

    You shut your eyes for a moment, refocusing your attention on the piece in front of you. Looking at every paint stroke and thinking of the reasoning behind it.

    You begin to move your feet slowly, taking yourself into the next dimly lit room. The only light coming from the small lights above the art-work. You crossed your arms and stopped in front of the first painting.

    It's strokes were rough and uneven. It wasn't anything in particular, just a bunch of squiggles on a canvas. Although, that's the brilliant part. It's not just squiggles on a canvas, it's so much more than what you see at first glance. It's-

    "Quite boring, isn't it? Just a bunch of old paintings and slow music." A voice interrupted behind you, you sighed before turning around.

    "No, it's interesting." You said, walking a bit forward to the next peice on the wall, him following right behind you.

    "I don't see how," He paused, taking the place next to you before the painting. "Could you explain it? I would really like to understand." He says sympathetically.

    You turn to him and half smile. Nothing is more pleasing than someone wanting to learn, genuinely.

    "Well, this artist," You say pointing to the painting. "Has just painted lines, yeah?"

    "Yes...?"

    "No."

    "Huh?"

    "It's more than that. What is interesting about it is that you can interpret it the way you'd like. Whatever that would be. You can try to maybe figure out what he was thinking but you won't unless he told you himself." You say quietly to him beside you.

    You look over to him and his expression is the most bewildered you had ever seen a person's face look. "Just take it in. Don't think too hard, just stare at it and tell me what comes to mind."

    He looks for a while, staring intently at the canvas before turning to you. "I mean. To me, all I can see is lines. Maybe..Oh, nevermind."

    "No, say it."

    "It's stupid."

    "Say it anyway." You smile at him. He looks to the painting then back to you before chuckling a bit, which was quite charming.

    He hesitates. "It's just lines going in different directions. Maybe... it's his way of saying... that everything has it's own path?".

    "That wasn't stupid," You see him turn a shade of pink before looking to another painting in the room. "It's actually what I was thinking.." You admit to him and you could see a smile of assurance tug at the corner of his lips.

"Can I walk with you? I promise I won't speak that much."

"I don't even know you're name," You laugh but begin walking with him following behind, walking with you anyway. Which is what you were hoping.

"Oh, I'm-uh. I'm Tom."

"Y/n,"

You both walk around in silence for a bit, wandering the rooms of paintings. Only speaking if he had a question or wanted to hear your opinion about something.

Tom was no ladies man, which was adorable. It was quite obvious, he spoke in stutters and could barely look you in the eyes when he was speaking. As good as he looks and as smart as he seems to be, there is no need for him to be flirty. Tom does it all on his own.

You noticed he started to understand what you were saying. That art isn't always one meaning because at one point you both began arguing about what something was suppose to mean.

"It's obviously about the global devastation!" You silently whisper to him as you stand in front of one of the last paintings in the gallery.

"Its about future devastation, not present."  Tom argued back.

"Not likely."

"Very likely!" You rolled your eyes. "You're just mad because the student has become the teacher." Tom crossed his arms.

"Oh, come on!" You sighed, rolling your eyes again and looking to the side.

Tom smirked and relaxed his arms to his sides. "You're cute when you're angry."

"Couldn't be original, could you?" You challenged and went to turn to go in the other direction.

Tom chuckled before grabbing your wrist, spinning you around to face him. Unexpected but you were glad.

"Let me be even more unoriginal and take you out for coffee sometime." Tom half smiled.

    You thought for a moment. "Admit it was present devastation." You smirked, tilting your head to one side a bit as he looked displeased with your answer.

    Tom sighed. "Itwaspresentdevastation."

    "I'm sorry? I don't think I caught that." You leaned forward smiling wide, obviously having way too much fun with this.

    "You're killing me, love." Tom whined, you were taken aback by the nickname but it just made you smile more.

    You nicked your head forward a bit, putting your hand to your ear signaling that you were ready to listen to him.

    "It was present devastation." You grinned at him.

    "I would love coffee." And he grinned at you.

♡︎

so sorry i havent updated in a while, school and theatre have me beaaatttt

so sorry i havent updated in a while, school and theatre have me beaaatttt. ill try to post more :')