unrequited love (tom holland)

"and maybe i like you because you're my best friend. maybe it's just that but i love you. i wholeheartedly love you. with every ounce of my body, i just love you." you paused, taking a quick breath in. spinning on your heel, you looked back to your bed. "how's that?"

the hamster on your bed wasn't paying any attention. you sighed, "you're right.. too forward. he will think i'm crazy."

turning back to the mirror you looked at yourself and wondered, why not me? why does he continuously choose other girls who hurt him over you? granted being best friends catapulates you into the forever friend zone, but if he could just see what you saw...

what you saw was different. you see love and light within your relationship, an unconditional love emanates from him to you just not in the way you needed. you we're in love with him and the stupid things he does. you loved how he laughed when you told a funny joke, or the way he would giggle if he was playing a prank on you. you were infatuated with his ability to ruin just about every movie that he has seen and you haven't.

what he saw was friendship, which you also loved about him. your friendship was strong and loving. he didn't think that the way your hair looked in the morning was adorable, or the way you made your coffee was absolutely ridiculous but still charming. what he saw was different and you didn't know if he would ever change his mind about that.

but how much longer could you stand to see girl after girl leave his bedroom in the morning, casually walk out the door while you watched criminal minds in the living room. not only was it painful to see that but to also see him pick the girls up in the bar the night before, wishing he would come to his senses and walk to you instead.

it hurt, honestly. it hurt to love him. and he has no idea...

you see your door fling open and there stands tom, warmly smiling at you. "morning!" he said cheerfully.

"good morning," you smiled back, he looked adorable. you two hadn't gone to the bars last night, so you wouldn't have to watch as someone left this morning.

"do you wanna come take tessa for a walk with me?" he asked politely, still standing in your doorway with his ruffled hair and baggy sleep clothes.

"yeah, i'll come. let me get ready," he nodded to you and closed the door behind himself. you turned back to the mirror and sighed heavily. "you have to tell him, today." you whispered.

----

"good girl, tess!" tom shouted, throwing another ball as far as he could.

you've been holding back for a while now, you didn't know how to start. he is probably going to think you're crazy or weird or both. ultimately, you weren't scared of rejection but scared it will tarnish the friendship you two have. he is obviously going to look at you differently because of it.

"you right?" he said, putting his hand on your arm. "you haven't really said anything since we got here." you looked over to him.

"yeah, i'm okay. just thinking, i guess," you looked down at your feet. he looked at you as if to continue talking, but you couldn't. you weren't ready for everything to be different. "i don't know, just in my head..."

he rubbed your arm and smiled sweetly at you. "i'm always here, okay?"

"i know, tom. thanks," you smiled back but it quickly faded when someone approached the both of you.

she was small and blonde, having a flirtatious look on her face. "tom?" she grabbed his attention away from you, his hand retreated from your arm as he turned around.

"oh, hey penelope!" he smiled at her. you recognized her, she's come out of tom's room once or twice.

tessa came back with her ball, you took this opportunity to quietly walk away with her, pretending you were just playing. you could hear their conversation diminish as you got further away.