cinema (tom holland)

request by crashing_stiles

summary: you go to the movies not expecting to meet the star of the movie you're watching.

warnings: none

word count: 1142

Going to the movies by yourself is eye opening to all the annoying people that go there. You get the couples who can't keep their hands to themselves, the annoying old couple who fight over small or large popcorn, and the little kids that run rapid around because their parents don't care.

You usually don't notice because you're always laughing with friends or looking at your phone but I guess that's another type of person: the stupid millennial that wont stop using their phone long enough to actually watch the movie.

You didn't care really, you knew that you weren't addicted to it as much as other kids are. You only really used it for talking to your family via messages and Facebook. Social media wasn't really important to you.

The popcorn was almost empty and the movie hadn't even started yet. You frowned at yourself for eating so much in so little time but the movie trailers were so interesting that you just devoured it.

You took your seat far back and high up. Being too close was neck straining and being too low was just plain annoying. You had a row behind you, saving those seats for the couples who come here to make out. How thoughtful of you.

The movie playing was Spider-man Homecoming. A relative recommended it to you since she thought you liked Superhero movies. What she didn't know was that you liked DC Comics, not Marvel.

Marvel is okay but you preferred DC Comics for some reason. But, Spider-man had seemed interesting enough so here you are, alone.

The movie began with Marvel's usual intro. You saw some last minuet seat adjusting below and began to get ready for two hours of what you hoped was a good movie. Someone had come up the steps and sat behind you, which you thought was odd considering there are so many seats below you that are perfectly fine.

You looked behind you to see what you thought was a familiar face. You made a visible confused face at him, not really trying to make it visible to add, he half smiled at you. He was wearing a white hoodie with a green flannel over the top of it and a white snap back. Odd.

You turned back around before he could say anything and started watching the movie. You were really half paying attention in the beginning, focusing more on how quickly your popcorn was becoming less and less full.

You pop a few in your mouth, looking up at the screen to see Peter Parker. You furrow your eyebrows and turn around to see the boy in the odd outfit. You realize that's why he looked familiar, he was the actor who played Peter Parker! You couldn't remember his name for the life of you though.

He looked down at you with sympathetic eyes and another half smile. "Don't say anything, please."

You nodded to him and chuckled a bit, looking back to his movie.

All in all, it was a good movie. You can't say you were sold to Marvel but you defiantly liked it. The credits were rolling after the end scene and people were starting to leave. You ran out of popcorn within the first twenty minuets and ran out of water in the next ten.

You stared digging through your purse to find your keys. It was dark outside so it was better to do it here than somewhere where you couldn't see. "C'mon you little shits, where are you?" You said to yourself. Finally, you find them all the way at the bottom of the bag. You shake your head, pulling them out and standing up to leave.

You were met with soft brown eyes. "Hi." He uttered to you.

"Hey,"

It was quiet for a short bit. You couldn't say you were star struck, you didn't even know his name. But the fact that a celebrity was talking to you was a bit shocking.

Silence was over coming both of you as more and more people left. The credits still rolled and more of his face became visible with the lights becoming brighter.

"So, uh. Good movie, I guess." You broke a smile. Which made him smile too.

"Thank you."

Silence filled the air again. Why was he talking to you? Well, starring at you. This guy really isn't good with talking to girls. You started to nod your head slowly and formed a line with your lips. He quickly collected his thoughts and spoke.

"Listen, thanks for not-not telling people I was here."

"Not a problem," You answered. "Even if I wanted to, I don't think it would have worked. I don't even know your name." You blurted, realizing after that that was probably a rude thing to say.

"Oh jeez- That was rude I'm-"

"No, no it's okay!" He laughed at your awkwardness. "I'm Tom." Tom spoke trying to even his voice out

"Really?"

"What?"

"You don't look like a Tom."

"What do I look like then?"

"I don't know, maybe...George?"

"George?" Tom questioned, looking shocked. Both of you laughed a little bit and it went silent again.

Not an awkward silent though, more like enjoying each others company kind of silent. You both were still smiling at the previous conversation. The silence was nice, the music from the credits was finishing and you would soon be booted out of the cinema, everyone else was already gone except for a few stranglers like yourself and Tom.

You could see he was trying to form a sentence in his head. His lips were forming a line and his eyes were darting around every where except for you. It was almost cute, a celebrity nervous to talk to a small town girl. You smiled at him, trying to ease whatever he was about to ask you.

"I know we just met and everything and we don't really, um, know each other. Well, I mean you know my name. I dont even know yours yet, but that's not really knowing someone, I ju-"

"Tom." You interrupted him, bringing him back to the main point of his sentence.

"I'd like to get-get to know you more," Tom put his arms behind his back and rocked back and forth subtly. "Would you maybe wanna get coffee sometime? Or if you don't drink coffee we could d-"

"I love coffee, and I like that idea." Interrupting him again. Tom beamed a bright smile.

"Is now okay? I kinda don't want this night to end just yet.." He trailed off a bit.

"Let's go then." You threw your purse on your shoulder and smiled at him.

♡︎