testing new waters (peter parker)

"peter! were gonna be late!" you shouted at his door. you heard mumbling between him and may and some rustling around before being stopped short by silence, following with the door opening.

you smiled upon the sight of peter and him you. "we're never late, dear." he said happily to you, throwing his coat over his forearm. he took your hand in his and closed his door behind him.

you sighed blissfully, "everyone else is just early."

peter and you walked up town to the open parking lot on 61st. the city was hosting a 'welcoming summer' carnival to celebrate the first summer since the blip.

it was a far walk but it was worth it, the summer air made it easy to walk the streets. you had passed a churro stand, and forced peter to have one with you. the man at the churro stand kept giving glances to peter, not short subtle ones either. he was starring him down.

peter and you walked away, after you were far enough away you turned to peter. "did you notice him starring at you?" you whispered.

"yeah, but no big deal." he looked at you with a reassuring smile.

you two reached the carnival after another block and bought your wristbands for the rides. you started out going on the twizzler. both of you laughing hysterically the entire time because you were crushing him due to the ride. after doing that about 2 more times you both got on the zipper.

you had to convince peter to get on there with you. the ride is insane and not for the weak stomached. once he was on and strapped in, he started to panic a little.

he grabbed your hand so tight it hurt, more than usual. the ride started and he squeezed your hand harder and harder until you had to yank it free. he ended up just curling up next to you for the rest of the ride.

after it was over, he needed a break so you just played some carnival games. he told you he could win a flying pig stuff animal for you, so you stood up against the game while he played. you were curious as to why he had grabbed your hand so tightly, it was like he had extra strength all of a sudden.

"peter," you said softly.

"yeah, honey?" he said, focused on the game.

"when we were on that ride, you squeezed my hand super tight. like weirdly tight,"

"i did?"

"yeah, it was like you had the arm of like the rock or something," he had finished the game and won, earning you the stuffed animal.

"i guess it was just like, my adrenalin, you know?" he said slightly nervously. you decide to just drop it. you joined hands and he started to pull you through the crowd towards the fun house.

"yeah, probably. you were screaming like a girl-"

he turned on a dime and started tickling your sides. "oh, was i? who's screaming now?" he laughed to you while you were literally squirming and screaming underneath him.

you forced him to stop when you started yelling for help. "oh my gosh-shut up!" he looked around as you laughed. "people are gonna think im stabbing you or something." he said nervously, picking you back up.

"i hate you," he said to you before taking your hand again and taking you to the fun house.

"the fun house?" you sounded hesitant.

"it'll be 'fun'."

"youre so dumb," you sighed and you two went inside, climbing through the spinning tunnel, through a weave of body bags and on some metal panel that you almost fell over on.