colorful adventures (tom holland)

ib: someone on tumblr

summary: you see the world in black and white until you touch your soulmate. you have a very strange day of weird feelings and detours until you finally see what everyone is talking about.

Black and white was how you saw the world. To most, they walked outside and saw a bright blue sky, vibrant green grass and a beautiful yellow sun. To you, you saw a bland sky, grey grass and a round ball of white in the sky. You longed to see the beautiful hues of a summers sunset. Your mother says its beautiful and you liked to believe her. You were almost 21 and you've never seen a single color.

You like to imagine that they're what everyone says they are. They are impossible to describe apparently, you've been asking since you could talk. The only response you ever got was "Its hard to describe," or "I can't even say,". Occasionally, someone would try but they never succeeded.

Your friends all brag that their boyfriends and husbands buy them bright red roses and yellow sunflowers. Even you're little sister who is 16 already sees color, her and her boyfriend are happy together, of course you're happy for her but you wished you would just meet your person already.

Usually, you're day was a shower, a long drive to work, work from nine to five, come home, eat, sleep, and repeat. Although when you opened your eyes this morning, something felt different. You couldn't really pin point exactly what the feeling was but it was almost a feeling of presentiment.

You started your daily routine, hoping the feeling would go away. You don't like getting your hopes up so you didn't even wanna say what you thought was going to happen today. You drove your way to work, and made it in the office, the feeling burning inside you.

It was starting to become a nuisance, but you didn't refrain from looking around a little more than usual today. As you made your way to your desk, you greeted work friends like you always do and waited for your boss to arrive.

You were the assistant to a largely known company CEO, Kelly Handling. She was a bit of bitch but she made it so you could pay your bills. She arrived not to long after you only to send you out to get her a coffee and cream donuts. You smile to her and leave, not wanting to stay to see her morning wrath.

The only place she ate from was Lord D's, she liked the name more than the food. It was a good twenty minuets from the office which was perfect, it got you out and away from her and everyone there.

They all liked to pick on you because you can't see color yet, they're all thirty plus with fancy rich husbands that spoil them silly. You can't even guarantee they ALL see color and just faking it for some money.

You get to the stupidly named donut shop to see that its closed for renovations. You loudly sigh because the only other Lord D's is forty five minuets from here. You call Kelly and ask her if she really wants it, she says yes and hangs up.

A forty five minuet drive was not what you wanted to do today. Not to mention the burning feeling in your gut was getting stronger, you couldn't help but think of the impossible. You shook your head and cranked up the radio to drown out the thoughts in your mind.

The drive took a long haul out of your patience for that day. You enter the shop and go to the counter and ask for your order as polite as you could muster, its not his fault your day is going to hell.