chapter 4

"I- uh I'd like to treat you to a meal after my arm heals up. C-can you leave your contact information with my manager? So that I can call you later."

All his attempts at trying not to sound flustered were useless. He looked like a flirt trying to get the other's phone numbers.

Thomas Andre looked cautious yet flustered as he turned around to leave.

To not cause a scene due to his blind rage, Liu Zhigeng cast aside the wine glass he was holding. He glared at Thomas Andre; that dazzling smile is supposed to be directed at him. His Alpha nature made him exceedingly possessive of the Omega.

(E/N: EXCUSE ME, SIR, HE DID NOT ACCEPT YOU AS HIS ALPHA. STAY THE FUCK AWAY.
A/N: YOU SAID IT)

After Thomas Andre had left, Laura approached Hunter Sung Jin-Woo, who looked amusedly at her boss's departing figure.

"Hunter-nim, just now, my guild master was simply expressing his gratitude towards you for not killing any of his Guild members. He might look tough but he gets flustered very easily," said Laura trying to justify her boss's actions.

"I can see that."

Jin-Woo laughed softly; Thomas Andre being embarrassed was a rare and amusing sight.

The soft laugh had dazzled the onlookers again. It rang like a small bell in the quiet hall.

Taking Sung Jin-Woo's contact information, Laura proceeded to follow her boss outside.

***

After this ordeal ended, Sung Jin-Woo went around the hall greeting world's top 10 hunters.

"Uhhhhhhhh???"

"Is Hunter Sung Jin-Woo networking using this occasion?"

"But, aren't the Hunters he's talking to.......?"

All the attendees of the banquet eagerly hoped that Jin-Woo would approach them to share greetings.

"He's coming this way....!"

"I knew it. Of course, I'm the one he wants to talk to."

Such were the talks that the Hunters had whenever Jin-Woo headed towards a specific direction, only for him to leave them disappointed when he walked right past them to talk to some other hunter.

After some time, Jin-Woo finished greeting the Hunters; he had also managed to stick a shadow soldier to the ones on his list.

"Ahem....."

The tenth Hunter on his list cleared his throat for the fourth time before he began talking. It might have been Jin-Woo's imagination but the Hunter seemed to be talking in a louder voice than before and his face seemed to be flushed red, the cause of which was pinned on the extremely hot environment by Sung Jin-Woo.

(E/N: something hot is making his face red Jin-Woo, but it's not the weather.
A/N: true....and you're inside a hall....and it's night time...)

The Hunters ranking 11th and below could only drink their grief away.

On that day, the employees of the Hunter's Bureau, organiser of the 'Night of Hunters' banquet, had to work extra hard to find out the cause of the excess alcohol consumption which took place during the party.

(E/n: honestly, I don't blame the drunkards at all, I would be bummed too if an approaching beauty didn't even spare me another glass.
A/N: oof- 😂)

With that, the banquet ended.

The next day, Sung Jin-Woo and his party returned to South Korea without any incident.

(A/N: No, Go Gunhee didn't die......yet. I see him as Jin-Woo's father figure so I delayed his death.
E/N: Author, what do you mean by yet..... why do I have a bad feeling about this?
A/N: it's something for me to know)

***

The minute Sung Jin-Woo stepped foot on the airport, many reporters swarmed towards him, trying to get the first exclusive interview with the first Omega Hunter in history.

With the efforts of the Korean Hunter's Association, he managed to leave the airport peacefully.

He had yet to put a foot into the threshold of his home when his sister started scolding him.

"Oppa! You need to be more careful. How could you just nonchalantly go anywhere when everyone knows that you're an Omega? I saw how much those reports were pushing and pulling each other. What if you had been injured? Why did you not have someone by your side?"

"Jin-Ah I don't need a bodyguard and I already came back safe so what's the point in fussing so much?"

"No! What if you got harassed again?!"

"Jin-Woo... you got harassed?"

(E/n: dear author, please give the details of that #@#$% I swear I won't do anything too serious.......hopefully.
A/n: chil down, save your energy because we need that for later)

Jin-Woo turned around to see his worried mother.

"Mom, that was long ago. I can protect myself now. If someone dares to touch me, I'll break their arm."

Hearing this, his mother smiled. Even though she was still worried about Jin-Woo, she knew that her child wasn't the weak Omega that he once used to be.

"Alright then, don't forget to wear the choker."

Jin-Woo stared at his mother for a while, not understanding what she was talking about and then it hit him, he had forgotten about the choker. It was a special device that prevents marking on an Omega. He had stopped using it when he got Igris as his shadow soldier and now, he only wore turtlenecks just as a preventive measure,

Thinking about the current situation, it would be wise for him to start wearing it again, just in case something happened.

Although he knew he could always order Beru and Igris to take him away if an unprecedented situation occurred, like his heat cycle starting early, prevention is still better than cure.

"Okay."

"You must be tired right? Did you eat anything? Mom will cook for you."

"I already ate, it's fine."

"How about we spend some time together. If you don't have any work to take care of."

"Okay."

"The first to reach the living room, gets to pick the movie!" said Jin-Ah as she ran towards the living room with Jin-Woo following closely.

"I'll go and make popcorn." Said their mom.

It was nice to be with family and not have to worry about the end of the world all the time.

That night, Jin-Woo had the most fun in quite a long while.

(A/N i like where this is going (∂ω∂)