chapter 15

Sung Jinwoo felt like he was floating on clouds, feeling very soft and comfortable.

Then he heard a faint whisper.

"I love you"

Jin-Woo instantly woke up, a white ceiling greeted him.

He sat up, his mind was still focused on the sudden confession.

The voice. It sounded very familiar.

That was not the first time someone said that they loved him.

His family constantly reminded him that they loved him. He did receive confessions before but he didn’t realise that the “I like you”s that he had responded to with a “I like you too, you’re a good person/friend.” Were supposed to be confessions.

He felt very warm, but this warm fuzzy feeling was different from the one that he got when his family said “I love you” to him.

The “I love you” that he just heard, ignited a different feeling in his chest. He didn’t understand what it was but he liked this feeling a lot.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the door open. He unconsciously expected it to be Woo Jin-Chul since he had always seen the man whenever he woke up in a white walled room.

But instead of Woo Jin-Chul, it was his mother and sister.

His sister ran to him and started nagging about how he should have listened to her and should have rested when she told him to instead of pushing himself to exhaustion.

Jin-Woo nodded carelessly, still thinking of the voice.

It was so familiar yet he couldn’t remember who the voice belonged to.

His mother saw the dazed look and smiled knowingly.

(A/N: mother knows whats going on~
E/N: mama is smart.)

After JinAh's nagging and his mother's soft pleads, Jinwoo spent the next few days resting at his house.

***

The abnormal appearances of the gates, reduced and finally returned to normal.

The association was investigating the cause of this phenomenon but they couldn’t find any credible reason. Though, other than the abnormal gate appearances, everything was just fine.

Sung Jin-Woo just finished discussing with Chairman Go GunHee about the abnormalities of the gate, which Jin-Woo suspected, were caused by the Rulers.

On his way to the exit, he bumped into Woo Jin-Chul, the man greeted him respectfully.

Jin-Woo, being as sharp and observant as he is, noticed something.

He hadn’t seen Jin-Chul for a while but he noticed that the man was being a bit…weird? If that’s how one would describe it.

He looks normal and is acting like he usually does but he seems to be nervous? Plus, his necktie is crooked which is definitely not acceptable for a man like Jin-Chul.

"Are you alright, Jin-Chul?

"??? I don't understand what you’re talking about, Hunter Sung. But I am fine."

"....alright, if you say so. However..."

Jin-Woo walked closer to Jin-Chul, close enough to be able to feel the other’s breath.

Jin-Chul went stiff.

Then he felt a sensation on his neck.

He look down and saw..

...Jin-Woo was fixing his necktie.

Jin-Chul hadn't noticed that his necktie was crooked but Jinwoo did. And now he was fixing his necktie.

"There, all done. That is out of character for an upright man like you, JinChul"

"A-ah, I-I guess i was too busy and didn't notice it"

"Alright, but do take care of yourself"

‘Look who’s talking. Such a bold thing to say when coming from someone who literally passed out from exhaustion.’ Jin-Chul almost blurted this out but he managed to prevent himself.

"Yes, Hunter-nim"

"Just call me by my name, we are acquaintances and you saved me. It's the least i could do"

"I-If you insist, Sung J-Jinwoo"

Jinwoo smile and bade him goodbye as he entered the elevator. The whole way, Jin-Woo was questioning himself. He could’ve just told Jin-Chul that his necktie is crooked, but why did he go to fix it himself?

Jin-Chul saw Jin-Woo exit the building, and slumped down on the floor. His face was flushed red and his heart was beating loudly. He told himself to abandon these feelings after that day but how could he abandon it when his heart skipped a beat whenever Jin-Woo came in sight?

"God.....He's making me go crazy"

--

(A/N: here is another drawing by editor-chan. She said and i quote, "This one is great for this chapter as it shows Jin-Chul's longing for Jin-Woo")

 She said and i quote, "This one is great for this chapter as it shows Jin-Chul's longing for Jin-Woo")

(A/N: and something i found on Pinterest)