chapter 33

(A/N: yahooo i am back people! ÙwÚ)

Representatives from every country that received the summons issued by the Korean Hunter's Association had arrived in South Korea. They were confused and frustated to know what the emergency is that the Korean even issued an emergency meeting when the other countries have a massive gate in their own country to worry about.

Currently, Woo Jin-Chul and Goh Gun-Hee are dealing with all the reports detailing the progress of the situation. The emergency confernce hall was quickly filled with the representatives from every countries, waiting for the meeting to start.

Woo Jin-Chul are handling the situation in daze but with no errors. This did not went unnoticed by Goh Gun-Hee as he observe Jin-Chul while giving his orders and reading every reports.

"You're worried," Goh-Gun-Hee finally said. This manage to snapped Jin-Chul out of his daze and quickly become focused on his task.

He sigh, "It's hard not to. He already have a family to care yet he also have to care about the world."

"You're right about that. He is selfless but he still knew how to be selfish," Goh Gun-Hee said, not sparing a look at the confused Woo Jin-Chul.

"He did?" Jin-Chul asked.

Goh Gun-Hee huffed, "Of course. He is ready to kill anyone that dared to stopped him, including humans. Remembered the conference that Hunter Sung attended? A single life was killed in not a beautiful way and Thomas Andre was severely injured."

Jin-Chul remembered that night. He almost received a heart attack when he heard the news about it. Thankfuly, everything ended in a good note.

"Hunter Sung willing to save our world but that doesn't mean he won't destroy the humanity if provoked. At this point, I'm very sure that the only reason he want to save us is so that his family can live in peace," Goh Gun-Hee sigh and continue hs work.

Woo Jin-Chul huffed and smile, "Yeah, I thought of that too."

He wasn't terrified of what Jin-Woo can do, because even if Jin-Woo choose to destroy humanity, Jin-Chul will still continue to stand behind him.

Now, he wonders what Jin-Woo is doing before the meeting start.

-----

"Ta-daa!"

Jin-Woo placed the poy of hot kimchi stew he cooked himself on top of the dining table. Sung Jin-Ah brighten up in an instant.

"Smell so good!" She compliment.

Their mother, Park Kyung-Hye was worried for letting her busy son cook the food, "I should have done this, you know..."

Sung Jin-Woo smile and replied, "you did most of house sorting when we move here. It's better for me to cook to not exhaust you."

(A/N: Get yourself a person like Jin-Woo- oh wait.... they don't exist ಥ_ಥ)

Kyung-Hye huffed, knowing she won't be able to argue with her stubborn son. She pick up the spoon and taste her son's cooking, she was surprised how good it taste, maybe even better than her own, "Oh my goodness."

Seeing how his mom looked surprised, Jin-Woo couldn’t help but smile.

“Oppa is the best cook! Well after you that is. Mom, try this one, too. Oppa is really good at making side dishes.”

While his sister was relentlessly praising his cooking skills, Jin-Woo noticed that his mother’s expression was slowly changing for some reason.

He carefully ask her, “Mother?”

She gently set her spoon aside and asked back, “Jin-Woo…. Isn’t there something I should be worried about?”

Jin-Woo did his very best to maintain a bright expression and played dumb, “What do you mean by that, Mom?”

“Your dad used to prepare meals for me whenever he was planning to participate in dangerous missions, you see.”

“….”

Her son had never done something like this, even when he was about to head to Japan in order to deal with those Giant monsters, or even when that gigantic Gate opened up in Seoul. But now that he did, his mom began to get worried all of a sudden. You can say it is a mother’s intuition.

Jin-Woo faltered for a second before he smile, “There’s no such thing, Mom.”

Park Kyung-Hye knew that her son carries a lot of burdens on his shoulders, and she also knew that he didn't want to worried them. In the end, she smile at him and pick up he spoon.

Jin-Ah observed their conversation without interruption and smile before continuing eating. She isn't stupid, she knew that whatever her Oppa is planning are dangerous and didn't guaranteed his return. However, she just smile, because she knows that her brother will always return to them.

In the middle of their meal time, Jin-Woo's hands that is reaching down to pick up a dish came to an abrupt stop when he sensing the noises coming from the outside. He could heard the footsteps of two people.

He could also hear one of their heart racing wildly from excitement and fear? Although such categorisation didn’t mean anything to him, he could sense an obnormality of the person.

Jin-Woo couldn’t figure out who are these two people are and why one of them is abnormal. Soon, his ears were greeted by the sounds of the doorbell.

“Let me answer that.” Jin-Woo quickly stopped his mother and headed to the front door.

The first thing he saw after opening the door was a familiar middle age woman. It was their old neighbour, Tae Ha-Yoon!

Jin-Woo smile, "Aunt Yoon, it's nice to see you again.Did you come to visit?"

"It is nice to see you too Jin-Woo. I would love to visit, but this is not the reason why i came here," Ha-Yoon smile.

Sung Jin-Woo is confused. If she wasn't to visit, then what else would her purpose to be here? After all, their place was far from the old apartment building.

The woman laugh at his confusion, "Aish you become more beautiful since the last time i saw you! "

He smile with a blush at the compliment, "you are no less beautiful either aunty."

The woman huff and whine, "it would be nice if you become my son-in-law, but my idiot son is too stupid! "

"Oi oi don't get ahead of yourself, woman," a deep voice interrupted them.

Jin-Woo froze. He recognized that voice, and he could never forget who that voice belongs to.

Tae Ha-Yoon lightly slap her forehead, "right! I almost forgot my purpose here. Jin-Woo, look who i found! "

The woman said excitedly as she move from the door to give the person a space so Jin-Woo could see him. Jin-Woo's eyes widen in shock, his body trembled and tears were form in his eyes.

His father, Sung Ill-Hwan, the person that thought he would never see again, are standing in front of him.