chapter 26

The icy coldness that spread out from the dagger stabbing into his belly froze up Jin-Woo's body. His eyes continued to emit flames of sheer danger as the icicle reached up to his face.

Even then, the Sovereign of Frost was smirking in delight.

The Ice Elf yanked the dagger out and immediately stabbed into Jin-Woo's heart, shattering his rib bones and penetrating his heart.

By the time the Sovereign confirmed the human's heart had been destroyed, the ice had completely frozen up the human's entire body, trapping him in thick ice.

'Not yet...I can still.....'

He tried to move again but he didn't possess a single bit of energy left, along with the abrupt loss of senses, his consciousness getting dimmed.

" A little more.....just a little more...! '

His human heart has stopped operating.

['Player' has died]

-------

Woo Jin-Chul released his Alpha pheromones to stop his colleagues and the chairman from stopping him, he stormed out of the office, grabbing whatever gears he could get his hand on before running out of the Association office building.

He doesn't give a fuck about anything as long as he can get there faster. He has to get there, he needs to get there fast!

'Please, please hang on'

-------

Jin-Woo quickly open his eyes. he saw the white ceiling and the smell of medicines that stung his nose. He could easily tell just where he is.

'A dream? Was that all a dream?'

This is a hospital.

He feel how his heart shattered when the ice dagger pierced through his heart.

'And yet, I'm still alive?'

"Have you come to your senses?", someone said.

He immediately spotted two men standing near his bed. One of them is someone that Jin-woo knew very well, someone who was always there when he need him.

"Jin-Chul...? Jin-Chul, what happened to that monarchs....no, those monsters? And how am I still alive?"

The man looks at him in confusion before answering, "Firstly, I am the Chief Inspector of the Surveillance Team. Secondly, I would like to ask you about the moving statues. and thirdly,  how do you know I am? Also, to directly call me by my name is a bit rude as this is the first time we meet."

"Huh...?"

At that moment, Jin-Woo felt like his heart shattering again. It's not the pain of his heart being stabbed, but the pain of his heart being torn apart.

-------

While everyone held their heads and screamed their lungs out when the monster's dagger stabbed Jin-Woo's chest, Jin-Chul chose to abandon everything and rush to him.

He knew no one would be able to stop those monsters, much less him. But that is not his goal. His goal is Sung Jin-Woo. He didn't care about the world's destruction at the moment, all his thoughts are focused on his beloved one.

The whole place was destroyed and devoid of people, as if it is the end of the world. Then he spotted the barely conscious National rank Hunter and the German hunter. The two monsters' gaze fell on them before they hurriedly look behind them at the same time.

They exchange disbelieving gazes with each other and instantly rush towards the froze up Omega with their claws and ice spear. Jin-Chul's eyes turn vicious as his anger and urgency rising.