chapter 9

Unfortunately, it wasn't as fun as he imagined.

Both of them managed to get the very front seats but everything seems like slow motion. It was their first ride and yet Jin-Woo was trying his best not to yawn.

After few more rides, both of them decided to take a break even though they weren't tired. They headed towards a stall. Liu Zhigang stared at Jin-Woo, a smile on his lips. This behaviour was noticed by Jin-Woo, he wasn't sure if he liked Liu Zhiang smiling like a fool on every ride they took.

(E/N: trust me, Jin-Woo. It's ok to not like him, this behaviour is weird.
A/N: true, like bruh that's creepy)

"Did you enjoy it?"

"I enjoyed it."

'Especially since you are next to me', is left unsaid as he gazed at Jin-Woo, an emotion hidden deep within his eyes. Jin-Woo felt unconvinced with his answer.

"You don't seem to react to any of it so, I thought..."

"Hm? So you want me to scream?"

"Ah no..."

Jin-Woo has seen many guys, even Alphas, screaming their heads off in excitement, horror and anger. However he can't imagine a guy like Liu Zhigang screaming, he felt weirded out by it.

"How about it scream now? Ahh...."

Jin-Woo looked at Liu Zhigang's supposed 'scream'. It is nothing like a scream. Liu Zhigang simply closed his eyes, his chin rested on his right hand and he opened his mouth and let out a soft 'ah....' He looks like someone waiting to be fed. Jin-Woo didn't want other people to see him as a weirdo and stuffed his half-eaten bread into Liu Zhigang's mouth.

The Chinese hunter was caught off guard and subconsciously took a bite. He stared at Jin-Woo, surprised.

"You look like a weirdo."

Jin-Woo said as he continued eating his bread. Liu Zhigang realised what happened and looked away in embarrassment. He didn't think that Jin-Woo would feed him (forcible stuff into his mouth) the bread that he was currently eating! Not only that... Liu Zhigang sneak sneaked a look at Jin-Woo eating.

He is eating the part where Liu Zhigang bit earlier!! Is this...indirect kiss?! His face flushed red.

Then, Jin-Woo got a message from the Association President about important matters. He sighed, even though it was his day off, he is still a hunter so it can't be helped.

"I'm sorry Zhigang but I have something important that I need to do so I have to leave."

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry but I need to go"

"Huh?"

Just like that, Jin-Woo walked away. Liu Zhigang couldn't process what Jin-Woo said as he still couldn't get over the indirect kiss. After the gears in his head started working and he realised that Jin-Woo left, he cursed.

Ah, that's fine. At least he could spend time with Jin-Woo.

Wait a minute...did he just call him Zhigang?!

***

After he met with Go Gunhee, a car suddenly stopped in front of Jin-Woo. He was wondering who the owner is when Thomas Andre walked out. Then he remembered that Thomas Andre wanted to bring him out for a meal before Liu Zhigang dragged him away. He kinda felt guilty about it, it's rude to leave the guests without saying anything.

Oh Jin-Woo, if only you knew that these men are chasing after you.

Anyway, Thomas Andre walked out of his car, smiling as he invited Jin-Woo to join him.

"I promised you a meal, remember? I am a man of my words."

Jin-Woo nodded with a slight smile and entered the car and Thomas joined after him resulting in them sitting next to each other.

"What would you like?"

"It's evening now, I don't mind eating something."

"Haha alright them."

Jin-Woo did say that but he still felt weird eating in a fancy restaurant. He lives a casual life and eating with Thomas Andre as his squad keeps watch is a new experience for Jin-Woo.

After eating their food, Thomas Andre spoke up.

"This is a gift from me."

"I already said that I don't need it."

"Haha, it is a gift for sparing my Guild Members. I need you to receive it so that I can finally feel relieved."

"....alright..."

The bodyguards brought out a large box, covered with a sheet of fabric. Jin-Woo stared at the gift with disinterest that is until he got a closer look. As soon as Jin-Woo saw the gift, his eyes became sharper.

"This is the gift I wanted to give you."

(A/N: time skip because you know what happens next.)

Meanwhile, at the Association headquarters,

When Go Gunhee saw Jin-Woo leaving his office, he couldn't help but sigh. This boy.... Even if you are very powerful, how can you be so clueless? Go Gunhee considered Jin-Woo as his son. Yes, he had children too but all of them are grown up with their own families and none of them wants to burden him anymore. He is proud of them, but he is also feeling a bit lonely.

Suddenly, his assistance entered the office in distress.

"Chairman!"

"What is it?"

"A gate appeared at the outskirts of the city!"

Go Gunhee was puzzled, if it appeared shouldn't they take care of it instead of telling him about this? Something must be wrong.

"What's the matter with this gate?"

"The gate is not like the usual gate. It appears like a rip and it has a tremendous amount of power! No one can get close to it, not even an A rank hunter!"

The chairman was deep in thoughts. If an A rank hunter couldn't get close to it, what about an S rank hunter? It might be possible, so he should send a few S rank hunters.

(A/N bad boy jinwoo 😳👌🏻✨)