chapter 24

"I arrived here to deal with some giants and ended up looking at the night sky." Back then, he felt fatigued and wanted to lay his weary body down and close his eyes to rest. But because the surroundings were so bright, he couldn't sleep.

He got irritated and opened his eyes and that's when he got to see this brilliant echo of stars enveloping the sky.

Just seeing them made his heart melt. "I thought that it'd be wonderful to share this night sky with someone else."

The only thing filling up this forest with a nary squeak sound was the endless river of starlight. Jin-Woo wanted to share this feeling, this moment, with someone else.

The result of his desire was a strong sense of relief. He felt relieved by the fact that there was someone who could also feel what he had felt then. And his heart, once hardened and lumpy, become untangled now.

Then, he felt the warmth of Woo Jin-Chul's hand climbing up on top of his own. "Can I hold your hand?", he asked.

But....he was already holding it though?

Jin-Woo smiled before shifting his hand to interlock his fingers with Jin-Chul. The cold, bigger, and rough hand of Jin-Chul engulfed his own.

So still, so quiet, so peaceful and so......safe.

Countless sparkling stars become the witness of their love. Even though the other one has yet to realize it.

---

Jin-Woo is the first one to open his eyes. He is wrapped inside Jin-Chul's arms, feeling warm and safe. Jin-Chul must have been exhausted from yesterday as he hadn't woken up from his slumber yet. They didn't feel cold at all since the blanket that he bought can keep them warm and prevent the snow from engulfing them

Just how long has it been since he greeted the morning together with someone else? It was at this moment that he sensed Jin-Chul's movement as he slowly woke up. Jin-Woo smiles softly, " Good morning. Did you rest well?"

Jin-Chul reddened and replied while adverting his gaze away from Jin-Woo, "....yes..." Then Jin-Chul realized that he is holding Jin-Woo intimately without his consent. He immediately let go and sprang up, his whole face is red.

"W-well what about we wash up? Is there a place around here?", Jin-Chul said while looking around the place but Jin-Woo.

"I think there's a lake around here, maybe we can go there-"

"NO!!", Jin-Chul shouted, shocking Jin-Woo. "S-sorry, but it's not appropriate for you to wash out here", he said.

Jin-Woo nonchalantly let out an 'oh', he forgot that he's an Omega. Jin-Chul didn't let out any of his pheromones the whole time that he forgot that it existed. But he feels happy, because Jin-Chul didn't see Jin-Woo as an Omega, he sees Jin-Woo as who he is, the real him.

For some reason, Jin-Woo feels his cheeks heated up and his heart beating faster as he gazes at Jin-Chul. Why does his face feel like it's burning and his heart beating like he just killed a powerful monster? Why does he feels like this?

"Y-yeah I know a hotel around here. Let's go there", Jin-Woo said, not looking at him. Jin-Chul let out a sigh of relief and smiled at him, "that will be great."

Jin-Woo felt his cheeks become hotter.

"What about we take a walk here for a while? I'm sure it'll be nice", Jin-Chul smiled. Jin-Woo nodded in agreement.

They walk around the area where there are only both of them, as if there are only two of them left in the world. Then, the snow falls from the sky again.